a Ace 250 question about nugget shooting

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allmetal mode ,dig all targets-might have to turn sensitivity down,depending on mineralazation.i have found pickers-and also good on lead witch will lead to gold.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: thanks strickman I was thinkin all metal but wasnt sure I'm still learnin this 250 ,how do nuggets show up on the ID or tone ?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bear in mind the ace is not a real nuggett detector,that being said------it can get you by,different gold can i.d. different.most should be in the nickle/pulltab(gold) range.but don't rely on i.d. thus dig it all.i don't have a nuggett detector but old yeller gets me by.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: thanks for the advice I'll give her a try out .

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Don't run the sensitivity all the way up. Most gold is in minerilized ground and you will have to turn the sensitivity down until you stop getting a lot of falsing. Start with the sensitivity at 3 or 4 and turn it up until you start getting false signals, then back off until the falsing stops. Even at a low sensitivity setting you will be able to detect gold, just not as deep or as small as a dedicated gold detector. Have fun !!!

Best Regards, John K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread