TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wanting to expand my detecting efforts to gold and was hoping to get some good advice about Gold detectors and detecting here in North Alabama around the old gold camps down here and around some streams where the bedrock is. I have also considered the TDI as a alternative to add to the collection of coin and relic machines I have. Any information of experience would be appriciated.
Thanks!

sTim

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GMT or the LST are great machines, but the GMT will find smaller shallower nuggets. It is pretty much a dedicated gold machine. The LST on the other hand, will not find as small a nuggets as the GMT, but the LST will go deeper on bigger nuggets and it has eight search coils to choose from. The GMT has only three. The GMT has one search mode only, all-metal. The LST has all-metal and discriminate, which allows you to use it for other purposes. Also, the LST has a three-way toggle that allows you to switch between normal, alkali, and black sand soil conditions. This toggle helps the LST to be very versatile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread