curious

whiteriver23

Mar 3, 2010
Bull Shoals, AR
Detector(s) used
MXT - BHID 300

Stumbled on this site by accident last nite and stayed up til 3am this morning reading through all the
posts and was amazed by all the info/experiences y'all are sharing about what seems to be an amazing hobby. Got a daughter in Tucson that we visit every year and a friend in Sho Lo and it occurred to me why not go tramping around the desert instead of sitting by the pool or being dragged around by the neck shopping for stuff that I don't want to look at and have no interest in!
I have done a little exploring around home here in Arkansas for aritifacts with some success but feel like it could be a good investment to sink a couple dollars in some kind of detector and haul it out to AZ next winter and do some exploring in the desert. I've read about joining a GPAA group but am not real excited about it and probably would prefer to freelance. So, I guess what I'm looking for is some direction on where to go and what kind of all purpose detectors are out there. Also, it just dawned on me that there may be some opportunities here in AR that I'm overlooking and would appreciate any info. somebody would like to offer. I've looked into treasure hunters clubs in the state but their all to far away. I'd appreciate any thoughts on opportunities/suggestions y'all my have.
Thanks
JP
PS: I live near the Whiteriver and in between two corps lakes & have often thought of buying one of those plastic panning thingies! :dontknow: :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Whiteriver, In Show Low there is a G P A A chapter club that meets on the first Thru. night every month. They meet at J.&D's BlackBull. Your friend will know the location in the Penney's parking lot.
They have a Metel Detecting sub-club and would help you get started. While you are visting, I am sure someone there would have a extra detector to show you the how and why, and maybe a place.
Arid.

OP
OP
whiteriver23

whiteriver23

Mar 3, 2010
Bull Shoals, AR
Detector(s) used
MXT - BHID 300
Thank you Arid-I'll write that down & check em out on my next visit.
Any recommendations on reading/research material I could bone up on?
JP

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in Tucson, check out The Tucson Desert Gold Diggers, they have a good libarary, and do common digs, and you might try AZ. Dept of Mining, Publications section.
Good luck, Arid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions