Ace 250 nugget detecting

UNCLENICK

Dec 8, 2009
NorCal Foothills
I have been detecting for nuggets at Mineral Bar, on the North Fork of the American river a few days now.... I run the sens about 4 maybe 5 sometimes, in all-metal mode. Here is the thing, if it rings up as finding something, it will get louder if I raise the coil, when I try to pinpoint. Like for exmple, it will ring up as a nickel, then I'll try to pinpoint, and it wont do anything unless I lift the coil off of the ground, then it will get louder. What is it doing? I know its not a Gold purpose detector, but it will find nuggets, Garrett claims "matchhead size". But still, I'm unsure about what its doing when I try to pinpoint. Any help would be really appriciated!!!!! Hh

Nick

Upvote 0

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds to me like heavy mineralization is messing with the ground balance. But I'm no expert and I've never used an Ace 250. Maybe someone who has used one to find gold can give more insight into what might be happening.

Good luck.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try sensitivity at the lowest ,then go up maybe 2 or 3-all metal -no disc.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
A Ace 250 can't handle the ground.. If you want to find nuggets, buy a nugget detector.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know it's not a nuggett shooter but is very capable of finding gold ---------i shot a couple of nuggetts with mine!!! :headbang:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
It's not VERY capable, It's only capable of finding nuggets under the right conditions and then only if they are big enough. If you found nuggets with it, imagine how may more you could have found with a nugget detector.

OP
OP
UNCLENICK

UNCLENICK

Dec 8, 2009
NorCal Foothills
Thanks Strickman...yeah I want to buy a gold detector when I have the extra money. As far as one goes I was thinking a nice preowned gmt? Your thoughts. Cant afford used Mineland sd or gp series> HH

Nick

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagine ,not having a nuggett shooter.then you have to make due...it beats e.s.p.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread