MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, :hello:

Going to go see my Grandfather in GA Mountains.... :icon_thumleft: Lots of old gold mines and river prospecting. I want to find a giant gold nugget maybe 7 ounces at least. :o I have a MXT and have no idea how to look for gold nuggets even little ones. :dontknow: I'd be happy with a gram, hehe... :laughing7: Any pointers, VDI numbers, any settings, where to look ? ??? Any kind of help on finding some gold nuggets maybe in a old sluice pile or something. :headbang: Would be really helpful and I'd be very grateful for any pointers anyone has. :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Upvote 0

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Try to locate some old tailing.

Prospecting Mode: Patterned after White's famous Goldmaster metal detector! Plus the display offers VDI -95 to +94, % probability, ground phase, automatic battery check, low battery alert, and overload alert. When using the Prospecting Mode the knob adjust discrimination becomes an adjustment for SAT speed. A real gold machine designed to Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi's specifications.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this gold chain with my MXT.
VDI - 15 .

Attachments

• 1-3-09 027 gold & silver 1.jpg
    1-3-09 027 gold & silver 1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 953
  • 1-3-09 027 gold & silver 1.jpg
    1-3-09 027 gold & silver 1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 840

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
I had a lot of trouble with my MXT prospecting around Downieville Ca. because of all the black sands. I contacted Jimmy Serria for help with this problem and he told me to get a GMT>>>>GOOD LUCK in Georgia!!! JOHN

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My MXT did this for me last summer and fall... North Lake Tahoe and southern Nevada. Ran Coin/Jewelry mode on both. VDI was around 30 but both rang up in the nickel range.

Good Luck

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Attachments

• GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 928
  • franklin-nugget2.jpg
    franklin-nugget2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 929
  • GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    GOLDNUGGETCLEANED1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 847
  • franklin-nugget2.jpg
    franklin-nugget2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 803

Nugget Hunter Smith

Jun 18, 2010
Mobile, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is a great detector for nugget hunting. I have found many with mine over the years. I use the 10"DD coil, not the stock 9.5".
I don't know why Jimmy would tell you to get the GMT when you have a MXT. They both have the same ground handling program. The GMT is more sensitive as it is 48KHz compared to 14KHz but who wants to look for that speck, I would rather find the rice size or larger nuggets.
Good luck in GA! In GA you must have WRITTEN permission from the owner, both public and private lands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread