Eldorado

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not the Legendary City, the Detector. I just made a deal with a fella for one. Talked to him on the phone and he says he bought it new from the Factory in Scottsdale when he was living there. Says he has the original receipt, manual and paperwork for it and that it only has about 5 hours use on it. So, is this one that will work at all for gold nuggets? I thought when i made the deal that it was basically an older version of the Vaquero but after i got off the phone with him i looked it up on the Tesoro sight and i guess it only operates at 10Khz instead of the 14 Khz like i thought. But i still think it should work somewhat well at least since it does have ground balance and threshold. If not i may see if anyone would be interested in it on a trade for a Vaquero, or maybe a Garrett Scorpion or Fisher Gold Bug SE.
So now that i already made the deal, what is one of them worth?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20+ year old design and science as a TR/vlf is a oldie but a goodie and does not compare to current,or even semi current science. The thing tr is good for is mineral identification,hardrock, and can be run in reverse discrimination to look for either iron only or gold/silver/copper only. Worth?? a $100-150 ifn' not abused-John

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it will have to do me for now. If it doesn't do what i want i will sell it or trade it off on something else to try. I got this one from a guy in your town John. It was on the Redding Craig's list yesterday. Called him last night and made the deal. Hope to have it here by Sat. or Mon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread