63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First my apologies to the Moderators, I wanted to post this where all could see so we could all stay informed on what is going on.

All of us need to get involved in what is happening right now here in California with a Land Grab involving the listing of the Mountain Yellow-Legged Frog as an Endangered Species and the Dredging Ban. Please go to my post under the Dredging & High Banking Section, the post is "Alert 2nd Time for the frog & dredging". If we do not ALL write in, call, email, fax our opinions POLITELY then we are all going to loose our rights to prospect. As a side note some of what they, the DFG as prompted by a group of 12 people, are proposing could even close something as simple and non harmful as rafting on the rivers and streams! This is the time to fight! Do not just sit there and read without sending in your comments on these subjects! PLEASE get involved/stay involved!

Thank you, Herb/63bkpkr

Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G'truth - you mention the Foothill Yellow-legged frog. Here's what I found doing some research. The CDFG in their SEIR has declared the frog to be a Species
of Special Concern (SSC), therefore restricting the river miners in the North Fork American River and 20 miles to the North, same restrictions on the SF Yuba
River. I found a documented photo of this frog at Codfish Falls in the NFAR less than than five miles from Combie Lake on the Bear River which lies between the other two watersheds. Logic will tell you that the habitat must then include Combie and the Bear. But the massive mercury removal project, which will cost
7 million, makes no mention of the FYLF in their 100,000 dollar environmental study. Just another example of cherry-picking the science to their own benefit.
You are 100% Right! It's all about Money Funded for research and they don't care about endangered/protection of a species while years it shut down prospectors & Miner livleyhood which includes many retired folks who paid thru the nose into the system and that what pays the agencys bills in the first place! Taxpayers really are the bosses where do they think their pay comes from...Us!
We should have them take care of what we want and stop the stupid Bureau-Rats who disenfranchise our hobbys & Livleyhood toward pursuit of a well lived life, Don't we have a right to the American Dream? Amen.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....these same "Experts",also were so ignorant as to claim that the miners during the gold rush actually through consumption of the Red Legged Frog caused the endangered status we see today....I have read literally hundreds of period journals and never once have read of a single account of a miner eating a fish,let alone a frog...and some did get quite detailed in what they ate,and saw.Just goes to show they will stop at nothing,no matter how ridiculous to further their cause...sad thing is,%90 of society is also so stupid as to believe it

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was present and spoke at the Sacramento anti-dredging hearings before the implementation of the current standards and the meeting was a farce as even with good data being presented, not just an opinion, they took none of it into account or, it was a staged meeting just so they would be within the limits of the law. We still need to fight this as I believe we can win as long as we continue to fight and stand together. Heck, no brag here, I donated my 2010 gold find to the cause...................63bkpkr

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was present and spoke at the Sacramento anti-dredging hearings before the implementation of the current standards and the meeting was a farce as even with good data being presented, not just an opinion, they took none of it into account or, it was a staged meeting just so they would be within the limits of the law. We still need to fight this as I believe we can win as long as we continue to fight and stand together. Heck, no brag here, I donated my 2010 gold find to the cause...................63bkpkr
The bureau-rats made it sound the "Endangered Species" Green yellow legged frog was like shrimp in the South overflowing as we had a frog fest and now there gone? NOT. Earmarked Money sure makes it way to the top of the manditory list. Oh well, Whats next. I love America but we need to have freedom, not freedom taken away, Peace.

lowctoy

Jan 16, 2012
Central California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i can say to this is if in 1849 that frog was in the creek why are they still alive. The big bad miners should have killed them all, with all the dirt they worked, this is all b.s. so please leave , if you think this is going to help, all i can say i guess is that why there were uniforms in blue and grey and soon it will happen again and the frogs will still live in that creek . Have a nice day mr. owl

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lowctoy, interesting thought about the frogs and all the dirt that was moved with the 49ers and the hydraulicing! Yes, we could be headed for the Blue & the Grey situation again as the people have been lied to so much we do not know what is right, who is honest and the like so the people are not galvanized into one group and mind set so the country could move forward with positive thoughts and work to get us out of the mess we are in now.......................63bkpkr

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Refering to "the delicate balance of nature" is showing others how incredibly lame you are. Its like saying "the DMV is concerned about your emotional welfare". Outright lies

Last edited:
OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Delicate Balance of Nature - animals kill other animals, animals 'Play' with the animal they are about to eat alive, earthquakes, plate tectonics, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, massive mud slides, lightning, natural fires, tremendous amounts of volcanic dust emitted into the atmosphere that kills all life on the planet, Hmmm. Just where do you see a delicate balance in nature?

However man made pollution, industrial waste, beer cans, bottle caps, pull tabs, plastic bags, old tires, old cars, etc., etc, well these are criminal as these things can also kill all life on the planet. Do we recall the Love Canal in the eastern U.S. and many other industrial waste problems, I believe they are called Big Business (a double meaning there)! Big Business Leaders need a big whack somewhere to get there attention to the pollution they cause making the products they make so they stop making the pollution, IMHO.

Garbage tossers, dirty diaper droppers, etc also need to be stopped! When I see trash from coed Church Groups dropped in MY CANYON well their leaders have done a poor job of instructing these young people as well as a poor job of making certain the 'young folk' are not littering. That would be two adults at the end of the group hiking in or out picking up trash as it is dropped by their group that way somebody in the group would be paying the price for "their" trash tossers and that might get the point across. Again, IMHO....................................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You haven't been active on your thread in a while, and I realize you're most-likely busy down in Texas with your new work responsibilities, but just know that your regular voice (I see you drop in every once in a while) is missed on the forums.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Lanny! Indeed I am busy down here in Texas and then I've been without a computer, darn PC's keep breaking down, so that has not helped. As of this past weekend I was able to completely backup and burn recovery disk's for the machine I am now working on so I will be on here a little more often now.

63bkprk

Uncle Ron

Greenie
Mar 26, 2003
Golden Triangle, Arizona
I haven't been on Tnet for several years, but find this thread very interesting ... I would remind the aptly named Mr. Owl about the fraud that appears to be his namesake: the Spotted Owl! After some 30 plus years of fraudulently promoting the destruction of entire economies in N. CA and OR, the feds finally admitted that it was a fraud all along and there is and never was an issue with the owl! N. CA's logging industry was completely destroyed along with the lives and livelihoods of tens of thousands of people ... Siskyou County was decimated and now is the home of welfare frauds and drug addicts (not forgetting the many good people who live there still, though.) Interestingly, the only "industry" there now that offers employment is the Forest Service, the primary bureaucracy that forced the spotted owl fraud down the throat of the region. So, I'm thinking this frog probably smells like owl poop!

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Mr. Spotted Owl makes one post then runs away or flies. Difference between you and an Owl is that an Owl will adapt. you on the other hand had an agenda that you obviously can't back up. Get a spine!

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love frog legs, breaded and fried, yum

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck in court, always nice when the truth and facts win over the special interest

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Political posts deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread