Hello Everyone...I need help

zhack

Nov 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I just joined this forum for a particular purpose and I hope I do not offend the moderators. I live in Cagayan de Oro City Philippines and we have a 2 hectares piece of land situated in the middle of the city. All the surrounding areas are urbanized and there are also plans by the government to construct a road that goes through our piece of land sometime within next year. Anyway, this land has always been suspected of containing gold deposits but because the old owners don't have any interest and also because of lack of financial capacity that could fund such project. I was very skeptical before not until geodetic engineers who surveyed the area confirmed that it does show signs of containing precious minerals. One of the local folks used a metal detector and indeed confirmed the results. I'm planning to buy my own metal detector (the one that's great for detecting gold) but my main question is, what will I do if indeed it contains gold? I'm afraid that the government will take over if they found out about this land and perhaps Phil Minex will extract all the gold from the land and we end up with nothing. Please help me with your advice. I'm not selling anything whatsoever so please, no scammers and bogus offers.

Thanks,
Zhack

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Zhack, welcome to Treasure Net
I'm not qualified to give advice, but I would suggest you find a lawyer well versed in the law of subsurface rights, mineral rights or whatever it may be called where you are. Your question reads like a legal issue versus a business issue.
Don.....

OP
OP
Z

zhack

Nov 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodland Detectors said:
I can't advise you in legalities, but I can sure as gold sell you a Minelab GPX gold machine :).. That's the machine you need to extract it

Thanks for your advice. How much does it cost? I saw a cheaper model... what are their differences between these models? The land I'm referring is a former Japanese base camp beside a river, here in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. We recently got hit by a storm, and I'm not sure if the gold detecting machines will still work in muddy ground. In the meantime, I'll be looking for a machine to either rent or purchase so I can start looking for gold. Thanks all.

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I dont know legalities but you better bet I would be digging what I owned as much as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread