Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you find out where other peoples gold claims are located?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    Metal Detecting

How do you find out where other peoples gold claims are located?

I detect mostly on BLM and I have bought maps and checked the geocomunicator site for colorado plus read everything I could on blm mine claims ect but still not sure where claims might be since there are many in my area and dont want to end up on one by accident.

So anyone know of sites that will help and show where every claim in colorado is?

Thanks in advance!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2272 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: How do you find out where other peoples gold claims are located?

The absolutely ONLY accurate info comes from the local yokel Recorders offices. All claims start there,annual labor and all filings are filed there,when sold all sales are recorded there. From beginning to end,it's there. GeoCom/BLM bs is 50% accurate 50% of the time,and thats on a good day--tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1571 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.

Great information to know John--nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Oct 2008
    Colorado
    Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
    35 times

Go to "goldmaps online". They sell a downloadable program which is an overlay of both active and inactive claims in several states. This overlay program is up to date (better than the blm), and is used with google earth. It's an excellent program, and the claim numbers are listed with the claims. Just click on the parcel, and if the claim is active, the owner's name, claim name, date of filing, and claim number are available. The inactive claims only show the claim number and the date of original filing. The abandoned dates are not available. This site allows a free download in Idaho to test the programs useability. Plus, it's relatively inexpensive when one considers the amount of time it saves. Give it a try...you have nothing to lose.

us
    Jan 2012
    prunetucky california
    Prospecting

Hey zachac
    The gold maps.com site is pretty nice and easy to use I did find them to be too general in locating actual claim boundarys but having the claim serial number and name helps a bunch ,the geocomunicator on the blm site will give you the same info if you take some time to learn how to input township range and section into their (run reports) program it will show all active,closed,and pending claims within a square mile, print this info, then call the nearest field office off the blm site and ask for the geologist, ask them for the(plan of operations ) for the claim serial numbers and claim lead file numbers on the active claims list this will give you the actual claim boundaries, I found this to save a ton of driving time and helps in planning your trips to the woods. This is a great help if you find it difficult to get out to the Local recording offices but I must say they will give you the most up to date info remember claim filing is usually in the fall of each year a little due diligence on your part will pay dividends in the end.
    Good luck and good hunting
    Toddles1

Jul 2012
    Don't waste your money at goldmaps online. The info is NOT up to date, they'll promise you a prompt upgrade which will never happen and they are very rude.

us
    Mar 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Gold Bug 2
    168 times
    Prospecting
    MineCache.com is great.

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Send a PM to My brother TimC. He has the BLM internet site... SLR2000 or something like that. HE KNOWS how to look up claims on BLM. The site is THE SAME ONE that the BLM guys use to tell you. Write down the Base line median, township, range, and section used to record the claim. Take that to the recorder's office in your county. A little bit of work, but it will be time well spent. (edit: Sorry... the BLM site, being the most up to date IS what you will get from the counter-gal/guy. No need to go to the county unless filing a claim.) TTC
    Last edited by TerryC; Jul 05, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

jog
    us
    jog

Nov 2008
    Tillamook Oregon
    Whites MXT / GMT
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Go to "goldmaps online". They sell a downloadable program which is an overlay of both active and inactive claims in several states. This overlay program is up to date (better than the blm), and is used with google earth. It's an excellent program, and the claim numbers are listed with the claims. Just click on the parcel, and if the claim is active, the owner's name, claim name, date of filing, and claim number are available. The inactive claims only show the claim number and the date of original filing. The abandoned dates are not available. This site allows a free download in Idaho to test the programs useability. Plus, it's relatively inexpensive when one considers the amount of time it saves. Give it a try...you have nothing to lose.

I have never used "GOLD MAPS ONLINE" but I do use the "MINE CACHE" a lot. Here is the problem you will run into if you go by any of these sites.
    They get there information from BLM, "SO" When BLM transfers info from the miners location notice or other paperwork and enters it wrong then it just gets transfered to those sites. Like john said, the county recorder is where all the original paperwork is kept. Use the mining sites and LR2000 "BUT DOUBLE CHECK" at the county recorder in the county the claim is located in and read the Location Notice for the Proper Discription. This will tell you exactly where the claim is located and prepare to get EDUCATED..

May 2012
    nevada
    1479 times
    I've always wondered guys, are there "vultures" hanging around the popular county recorders office come Sept 1st when valid claims are not taken care
    of for next year?

jog
    us
    jog

Nov 2008
    Tillamook Oregon
    Whites MXT / GMT
    308 times
    "YES" Those are the claims for sale on ebay where I live.

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jog View Post
    "YES" Those are the claims for sale on ebay where I live.
    Ask my brother TimC to tell you the story of how he sat on a claim for a month to be able to pay the fees, only to learn it was already taken on the DAY IT BECAME AVAILABLE yet he was there at the county building and no one else..... he can tell it more accurately. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

May 2012
    nevada
    1479 times
    that doesn't seem possible. what am i missing?

us
    Jun 2009
    republic of trinity usa
    gpx4500,gmt
    5 times
    after a bit of thought,experience is all i can think of,fullpan.researching mining claims is exactly like any real estate operation.you must be capable of describing land by aliquot portion(se1/4,se1/4,t.32n,r9w,mer.mdm,for example)which at a glance should tell you =40 acres.like learning another language,you must think in that language.thats the hardest part of doing title searches,and once mastered,all else is simple.hoser john is correct,county recorder good starting place,except sometimes the tax assesors office is perequisite,as they can provide parcel numbers,and legal decriptions by the section.and names of owners.when i was flipping real estates i kept a back page of my notebook devoted to the likings of the clerks involved.the gift of gab gets these for you,dove bars,as in chocolate,were very productive for me.not to mention fresh breath,good manners,and uh,non offensive flirting techniques/subtle flattery.helpfull county clerks working days/hours,fresh flowers.they do in seconds,that which takes me hours.buy the $15 blm book,study up on aliquot portion descriptions,land surveyors,re operators can help put you up on game.research techniques/people skills 95% of this game.good luck,and good huntin
    Fullpan likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    It's there,you just gotta look for it!

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    2706 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    I quess the only accurate way is to camp out and work the land and wait to see if someone shoots a hot piece of lead at ya!! God Bless Chris
    Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Man exists to know and acknowledge and live by the Truth.
    His reward is eternal life.His punishment for failing to do
    so is death.

http://www.fhu.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors