Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I am spending 1000 dollars tomorrow on a gold detector! please help! tesoro,or whites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol perfect View Post
    thanks kuger! I allmost purchased the wrong machine! I found a mint gmt on craigslist for 500 firm. it has everything like new! box,2 sets of headphones,plastic scoop.etc
    What are you waiting for... go buy it.. at that price it's a great deal.

us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Diablo II "Gold Demon", Whites GMT, TreasureMaster PI 3000, Falcon MD20, Vibraprobe
    185 times
    Prospecting
    You can't go wrong with that price. When you get a chance get the small shooter coil.

us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    568 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very nice nugget finds,

Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetshooter323
    You can't go wrong with that price. When you get a chance get the small shooter coil.

Has anyone here found any gold nuggets? I am interesting on making an adventure to search for gold and would like to purchase a machine that could help me find gold and silver. Any advices?

Aug 2012
    I don't like this video at all. I am sorry it is to be very unclear. I am very confuse about the sounds. If some of the sound we should not care for why talk about the entire video rather than showing the right sound. Also I couldn't see the settings at all while the narrator machine handler was doing so lol.

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Diablo II "Gold Demon", Whites GMT, TreasureMaster PI 3000, Falcon MD20, Vibraprobe
    185 times
    Prospecting
    If you buy a metal detector for gold nuggets, buy from a dealer if you can. That way they can physically show you the operation and what it can do. The GMT basic operation is pretty easy, all you do is set the knobs with the little white triangle in the scale to the little white triangle. Hold the detector coil away from the the ground, then set the "Threshhold" knob low so the sound is like a mosquito. Make sure the "Ground Balance" switch is "Fast Auto Trac", put the coil to the ground, pump it a few times, your done.

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    185 times
    Prospecting
    JRIVER20, nuggethunting is the most difficult form of metal detecting. Here are the three things you must do to be a successful nugget hunter:

1) Get a metal detector that is primarily for gold.

2) Learn it like the back of your hand (Buy a card or a poker chip with a small nugget glued to it so you can practice with a real gold nugget.)

3) Read at least one book on the subject, the more the better.

4) Go where gold nuggets can be found and put in your hours, days, weeks, years.

At this point, your hooked. Sorry, no 12 step program for nugget hunting. You'll probley sell your boat, all your ice fishing stuff, maybe a few guns from your collection to buy more detectors and equipment.
    Treasure_Hunter and TerryC like this.

Feb 2008
    southern california
    fisher gold bug pro
    3 times
    I had a change of mind at the last minute and purchased a gold bug pro today from american prospectors in temecula ca. owners are very nice people! I will be learning the machine and cant wait till this weekend!
    TerryC likes this.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I had a change of mind at the last minute and purchased a gold bug pro today from american prospectors in temecula ca. owners are very nice people! I will be learning the machine and cant wait till this weekend!
    Pray GAWD,ya dont have any problems with it!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    185 times
    Prospecting

Think about this at least, you already have two good discriminating detectors, why buy another? If you get the Gold Bug 2 it's a more proven design, and your less likley to have to deal with "Evil Customer No Service". You probably already bought your GB Pro, I only bring this up in case someone else is trying to make the same decision.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetshooter323 View Post
    Think about this at least, you already have two good discriminating detectors, why buy another? If you get the Gold Bug 2 it's a more proven design, and your less likley to have to deal with "Evil Customer No Service". You probably already bought your GB Pro, I only bring this up in case someone else is trying to make the same decision.
    The "shoddy service",was with a GBPro
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    185 times
    Prospecting
    Not surprising.

us
    Jan 2010
    Redding, Ca
    Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
    568 times
    Prospecting
    I have to stand with Dave on this subject or the subject many keep alluding to. I have used Fisher products since the onset of the Gold Bug and currently use the GB Pro. I do not sell anything for Fisher. I have reccommended Fisher products over the years to many and they have been very satisfied with the products and the service. I have run into several people who have talked bad about Fisher service and when everything was out in the open Fisher had nothing to do with any of the problems. Some people just like to talk. I have had many units sent back to Fisher for myself and friends with zero problems. When a person will not give up the actual facts it makes others wonder. Fisher is in the business of making money and they dont do it by treating people bad. Dave works for Fisher. Dave asked for the actual facts. Did Dave get any actual facts? Did Dave even get a order number so he can check it out? Dave is trying to help. At this point I would actually like to see all the correspondence/e-mails and responses so I can try and understand. Did anyone talk to Mike or Yollie at Fisher. These people are very customer oriented and would see that any and all problems are resolved. However, they also have to have all the facts. This is also a family oriented forum and everyone here should treat it as such. If you cannot or you are unwilling to provide all the facts then keep it to yourself. These are my opinions. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Ray,those FACTS will be coming....as I said,It wasnt my deal,but I recommended the detector to a friend whom on my word bought it....it didnt work...he sent it in,had it returned saying it was a bad coil,it was not....actually I will let him get on here and clarify.....What really ticks me is they were rude and then DAVE gets on here and right off wants to tell me,I had too high of expectations?Really?Then goes on to further make it out as my fault?Real nice!This forum is about helping.....and I am helping by saving some poor sole that saves for two years for a detector having to go through what my friend just did....sorry if that offends you!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    228 times
    Underground detection
    More Kuger spam.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors