I am spending 1000 dollars tomorrow on a gold detector! please help! tesoro,or whites

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
No big deal, I was just throwing my two cents into the thread. Every detector is different, every piece of ground is different, so we really need at least three or four just to cover our bases. For some reason my wife is having trouble understanding this. My next detector is going to be either a GB2 or an MXT.
Tnx, friend. I just didn't want to see it "spiral to viral". I was in law enforcement, as I see you are. Communications is a BIG stone wall when it comes to the way people see things. As you know, different cultures, backrounds, and experiences "shape" the way people see things. That's why we all had to take those classes. Well, anyway, thanks for the clarification. Terry

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,I am talking Placer.....those are 1850 vintage and were after big gold with ineffient methods,I dont mess much with hardrock tailings,with that you pretty much know when your into gold,and keep all that rock.....usually
Kuger,
The Dutchess appears to have an 1850's pile under the brown grasses.... and higher up, maybe a 1930's (depression era) pile that has not been grown over. Incidently, if you follow the path from the Dutchess and go torwards the "mine shaft" icon shown on topos, around the next rise, it is not there. It appears (my opinion) to be left of the path on the map but I found evidence that it is right of the path. I found RR track and debri on the right side of the path. There is also a large quartz rock that is FULL of cracks indicating that the shaft was "closed" by blasting just left of that rock. We'll need to put our heads together to brainstorm (meaning, we will be locked in a room till you tell me what I want TO KNOW!) Ha ha! Tnx for the reply. TTC

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger,
The Dutchman appears to have an 1850's pile under the brown grasses.... and higher up, maybe a 1930's (depression era) pile that has not been grown over. Incidently, if you follow the path from the Dutchess and go torwards the "mine shaft" icon shown on topos, around the next rise, it is not there. It appears (my opinion) to be left of the path on the map but I found evidence that it is right of the path. I found RR track and debri on the right side of the path. There is also a large quartz rock that is FULL of cracks indicating that the shaft was "closed" by blasting just left of that rock. We'll need to put our heads together to brainstorm (meaning, we will be locked in a room till you tell me what I want TO KNOW!) Ha ha! Tnx for the reply. TTC

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread