Alabama metal detecting for gold?

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone I'm interested in changing my name to goldfinder and I hope to do this after I visit Alabama this fall. I'm planning on going to the Alabama gold camp to do some detecting but I've never detected for raw gold and I'm just looking for some pointers. I'll be using the Garrett AT Gold. I know it's not the best detector for this but it's what I have and I'll try to make the best of it. I guess the main question is, is there any gold in Alabama large enough for my detector to even find and if there is where do I look? I know there are much better and more efficient ways of getting the gold but metal detectings just what I like to do just wondering if any of you guys can narrow down my search a little as I'll only have a weekend to play and I'd rather not go home empty handed. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get some gram and sub-gram nuggets and test them in your ground to see how they'll sound. Also, run in all-metal and dig everything. Your going to dig tons of trash, but it's the only way not to miss any gold, plus you might find some intresting relics. I'm sure the AT Gold will work fine, but if you get hooked on nugget hunting you'll end up getting at least one or two more.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nuggetshooter that is true once the bug bits him LOL he will have a few different gold detectors, a sluice box. maybe even a highbanker some sifter pans and a spiral wheel to process it all The bug bits everybody. I love detecting have not found my gold coin yet but am having good luck with the grams and subgram gold... Love this Freddy

wareagle

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2012
Wetumpka, AL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300,
Whites Coin Master Pro,
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLD LOCATIONS IN ALABAMA

Hope this helps. This site will give you gold prospecting locations in Alabama by county. Good Luck :headbang:

Alabama Gold Locations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread