Question about dry placer claims

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this subject has been covered, but it seems logical and economical for a desert claimholder to grade his property with a roadgrader or bulldozer, skimming off topsoil to allow for smoother terrain for MDing or drywashing ops. What are the restrictions, if
any, on this for a small scale miner?:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe this subject has been covered, but it seems logical and economical for a desert claimholder to grade his property with a roadgrader or bulldozer, skimming off topsoil to allow for smoother terrain for MDing or drywashing ops. What are the restrictions, if
any, on this for a small scale miner?:icon_scratch:

Don't know what the restrictions are, but obviously it's possible as they do it. They were working a pay to detect claim like that in Arizona, and it does work.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny, thanks. Hope you still have good weather up there. Its been pretty much perfect here and calif. for over a month - highs low 90's, lows mid 50's
in the Reno area. Nice pics of Stanton, Az. area over on your "bedrock" page. I'm waiting for more stories!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The clubs have "Pushes," where they bring in a large CAT Bulldozer, and push off two-feet of overburden. Permits are sometimes required, and sometimes ignored..

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny, thanks. Hope you still have good weather up there. Its been pretty much perfect here and calif. for over a month - highs low 90's, lows mid 50's
in the Reno area. Nice pics of Stanton, Az. area over on your "bedrock" page. I'm waiting for more stories!!

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I've taken a break from writing the stories for quite a while to allow me to gather all of my material together for the book I'm trying to organize. I really had no idea of what I was getting in to. I may get a chance to write up a story in the winter months or maybe earlier if the chance arises.

The weather here is still great. My wife and I went panning on Saturday and she found some nice flakes and small nuggets--that put a smile on her face! This time of year is a great time to pan in the streams as the water level is so low and areas that are usually impossible to work, especially bedrock, are now exposed.

All the best, and thanks again,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread