I finally bought a Metal Detector - Fisher Gold Bug Pro - Unboxing Video inside. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

I finally bought a metal detector last weekend, a Fisher Gold Bug Pro.

I may have said that I was not going to buy anything from Fisher because of some things I had heard about their customer service but I changed my mind thanks to the helpful words from TrinityAu. :)

All I can say is WOW this thing nails EVERYTHING in the soil that I want it to. :)

I love how light it is too and it is so super easy to use.

I made an unboxing video since there were none on youtube so that people will know what comes in the box.

Here is my vid.

Thanks again Ray, we need to head out together sometime and find some gold! :D

-Eric-

Upvote 0

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
the machine screams on foil! numbers are 40s and low 50s. same numbers as gold! just dont ignore the 35 to 55 in relic or all metal mode. its gold or foil or aluminum. In relic mode most people run at 40. I would run at 35. I have a 14k gold chain and it bounces at 35 to 49 I believe. in relic mode run gain at 100 percent. and keep your eye on that gain knob! they seem to move around when detecting and digging. I purchased mine just to look for gold in the desert and mountains but with no time I have been hitting fieilds and old orange groves that are local to my area. I got about about 100 hours in on relic mode and about 2 hours in on all metal. its funy how you get a new detector and you get busy and have no time! I dream of gold detecting in hills when I sleep! I am praying I will have the time to go gold prospecting this weekend!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your smart buy.2 of my absolute newbie friends just picked up yet another couple a hundred in gold and platinum. They owned 2 for less than 9 months,1 works fulltime and other handicapped and paid for them both already. Dozens of pics from many MANY folks who are happy as a bug'n'a rug -no I don't sell just use and tell---John

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brother, that's the story of my life!:laughing9:

its funny how you get a new detector and you get busy and have no time! I dream of gold detecting in hills when I sleep! I am praying I will have the time to go gold prospecting this weekend!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys. :)

I have been bringing it up to 30 so I hear nothing below that and turn the gain to 100.

I went out again today, hit two different creeks about 20 miles apart and found everything from bullets to a large (2.02" or so) intake valve to tin roof chunks about 14" deep but no gold.
Well I did find gold today but I panned it.
I got a hit in about 4" of water just behind a bedrock drop, scooped it into my pan till my pan range, panned it down and found a fishing leader but I did find some fine gold from the material I panned. :P

If it doesnt rain tomorrow morning I am going up again. :P

MidnightMoon, glad I could pick ya up a bit. :)

John, yup, the bug has a really strong following and now I can see why. :)
My 6 year old daughter can handle it perfectly when shortened down, its so light and easy to use, ANYONE can use it.

Thanks again guys, I will post a pic of some of my "trash" finds later. :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal, Neo! TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done Neo! Thanks for all of the updates on the Pro. Keep swinging your detector and sooner or later you'll get that coil over the gold. It sounds like you're really enjoying that machine.

All the best,

Lanny

Oceanpro

Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am new at this and considering a Gold Bug Pro. I live in Alaska and I am told that most of the rivers in Alaska contain some gold. I have 2 boats and a 4 wheeler and can pretty much go where no man has gone before. I plan to use it for beach combing, wading in small streams and gold hunting near the many Glaciers in prince William Sound. Is the Gold bug pro a good choice? I need one that will not go crazy near salt water. My Budget is under 1,500.00
thanks in advance for any info
Jeff

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya;

From what I have read, the Gold Bug Pro (or DP) is not good in wet salty area's like beach, marsh, brackish area's.
It for sure will do great with everything else though.

Being that you are in an area where Tough is a must, you might want to look into Tesoro detectors as they have lifetime warranties while the Gold Bug Pro has a 5 year.
The Tesoro Lobo Supertraq is right up there close to the Gold Bug Pro, in fact I have not seen much proof that one is better than the other as far as finding small gold. :)

Tesoro also has a well priced PI detector that can go up to 200' underwater, it is the Tiger Shark.

There a couple Tesoro buffs here that will probably have more good things to add and better details. :)

-Eric-

Oceanpro

Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply I will check out the Tiger Shark.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, I dont know enough about the Lobo for beach hunting.
I would assume that it would do well in dry sand just like the Gold Bug but probably not so well in the wet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread