Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a GB 2. I do not have that problem. I suspect that the cable around the shaft may not be wound tight enough causing the coil to "see" a target when the cable moves slightly. Try to tighten up the cable. Also, possibly, the cable is not screwed all the way into the cable attachment spot. All else fails, call Fisher to see if they can help you out. Good luck. TTC

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not normal. Make sure the coil is fully screwed into the control box.

Might be a bad coil. My previous coil was bad and it made all sorts of noises from just the wind blowing.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply wiggle the box to wire connector at the box as that is the usual culprit. Then where the cable connects to the coil. Next time coming through from the coast just dop on by and we'll compare yours to mine as thats a ages ol problem with all units. Can be coil wires wrapped too loose around shaft, too close to the coil ,overlapping or or or,won't take a minute and would like to hear how the Reno trip went. Young eagles must fly and you sure sounded proud-John

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whites uses an active coil design, so it will chirp when you bump it. My GMT does it, that's why some people don't like Whites.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No probs from my GB Pro.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just hilarious how soo many folks mandate perfection who are sooo flawed themselves. Nuttn' perfect in this life except death and no thanx I'll take a pass. Yes many units made by all companies have the new/old school metalic stress reliever coil on the wire at the box. They work thier way in slowly and short out the wires inside the connector with a ground default and drive ya loonie. I know a couple a techs-hahaha-who make a living on some such trivia. Simple fix is carefully look at connector and UNWIND IN THE REVERSE DIRECTION of the coil spring and default goes away on all units. If not ? just a little sum/tim else no big deal. If I had a buck for everyone I fixed I be rich hahaha--but this is mo'better cause I sleep good at night-get up get out and honor a vet today first--then swing that thang-John

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's just hilarious how soo many folks mandate perfection who are sooo flawed themselves. Nuttn' perfect in this life except death and no thanx I'll take a pass. Yes many units made by all companies have the new/old school metalic stress reliever coil on the wire at the box. They work thier way in slowly and short out the wires inside the connector with a ground default and drive ya loonie. I know a couple a techs-hahaha-who make a living on some such trivia. Simple fix is carefully look at connector and UNWIND IN THE REVERSE DIRECTION of the coil spring and default goes away on all units. If not ? just a little sum/tim else no big deal. If I had a buck for everyone I fixed I be rich hahaha--but this is mo'better cause I sleep good at night-get up get out and honor a vet today first--then swing that thang-John

Did that today John--honored my uncle, a fighter pilot in WWII that gave his life over the English Channel. The price of freedom is always high, and it's never free.

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny after posting with,buy and for ya for over what 20+ years here I know where your respect lies and to wit garners more for you. Bedrock mysteries thread will be able to collect social security prett soon as longest BEST thread on this MD forum in many years. Speaking of relics do ya ever see/talk/email Greg n BC?? Another long time contributor ,still alive,or just sick a all the flamming ?? OOPS no ss benefits your in free canada hahahahaha--John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread