Gold detecting in northern california.

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The majority of the claims are around the Hwy 70 , NF feather and MF Feather river, up towards Mosquito Creek, and Spanish Creek. Area generally from Belden to Quincy and Greenville.
I originally joined because I had already been prospecting , dredging , and MD'ing up there since I was a kid. It just ended up making sense.

Last edited:

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
robor and ? For clubs, you might join and get involved. Always try to help anyway you can and as you get to know them and they get to know you, you will make some friends. It isn't going to happen over night. Bring some prints of gold in the news and other items to share, contribute and don't ask about places to go. Volunteer for any committees or offices that come up and if you are decent and a half way normal person, you will get invited on hunts. Also help if they go to schools or local events and set up booths. The more you get involved the more mining/detecting/dredging friends you will make.

Then remember how hard it was for you when you started and befriend new comers to your meetings. Besides helping them, you will find out that some of the newbies have some great connections!

Also, the real meeting is before the club meeting and after it, probably outside the door or in the parking lot!
Good luck

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Randyd said:
robor and ? For clubs, you might join and get involved. Always try to help anyway you can and as you get to know them and they get to know you, you will make some friends. It isn't going to happen over night. Bring some prints of gold in the news and other items to share, contribute and don't ask about places to go. Volunteer for any committees or offices that come up and if you are decent and a half way normal person, you will get invited on hunts. Also help if they go to schools or local events and set up booths. The more you get involved the more mining/detecting/dredging friends you will make.

Then remember how hard it was for you when you started and befriend new comers to your meetings. Besides helping them, you will find out that some of the newbies have some great connections!

Also, the real meeting is before the club meeting and after it, probably outside the door or in the parking lot!
Good luck

Randyd, that's a good point. Good to know that, thanks for sharing that point of view. Happy hunting

ScottRiverBob

Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are willing to travel to the far north the New 49ers prospecting club, headquartered out of Happy Camp, has a lot of claims on the Klamath River, north fork of the Salmon River, the Scott River as well as some spots in southern Oregon. You can look at all their claims on their website, goldgold.com

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I joined the GPAA because of all the claim acess in my area, so far I have been to two of them and they have been picked clean, so far found no claim marking just went by GPS so hopefully I was on the claim. But there is a lot of them out there still to find I am heading down to Toulumne County next weekend (2 hr drive from my house). So is it worth the money I would say yes just because you have access to alot of claims. I was thinking about heading upto Nome Alaska claim but I heard they are having a big event and not sure if I need to pay for the event or if I can just go up there and camp/prospect on my own, been trying to find info but not finding anything. My understanding when I joined I could go to any of the GPAA claims and prospect/camp.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool Pic Terry, Looks like you are set for safety. Last week I was checking out a new site for later Md Hunting. I heard a low throaty,deep growl not like a dog. I quietly backed my way out. A member told me to try wasp/hornet spray. I just don't know if I gona have a pissed off bear charging me! Im gona save for a bear-stopper, a 50 cal handgun sounds like it will do the trick keeping me alive. Have a great Gold Hunt buddy, Goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shasta County by Redding Calif. has a lot of BLM land. The kind & Knowlegable people promote metal detecting and gold prospecting. You can buy a map which shows BML land where you are free to prospect, metal detect and claim your own land.(Gold claim.) They will also print you a list of abandoned claims which you can check out & claim!
I know west of Redding Calif. which is 100 miles or so North of Sacramento off the 5 Frwy. Swasey Drive has a public park and you can metal Detect also "Dry Creek" you can hunt. Be sure NOT TO HUNT IN WHISKEYTOWN! PROSPECTING & MD'ING IS PROHIBITED. The Fish & Game/wardens will ticket you. Good luck friend.
(Nice to see sandman & Terry Soloman is in the house)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread