Nugget locator that works.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today i was in Monroe washington at the gold show.

I took all my bitty nuggets in my little nugget containers to see what metal detector would pick them up and sound off.

Stopped on the first nugget, the smallest one i brought with me.

Whites Goldmaster GMT, i am determined to save up the capitol and get me this one. it sounded off before the nugget got 6 inches from the small coil. i was very pleased.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
phish,
Indeed the fellow at the show may have been using you however as Jim H. has indicated the GMT finds gold!

Attached are two pictures of the gold my GMT has been responsible for locating. 185_8517.JPG 191_9174.JPG
The pile on the half dollar took some serious digging and boulder moving with the GMT being used to detect piles of rough sample. The piles it did not go zip zip on were left while the piles it did go zip zip to were processed further. Your looking at "further" on top of a U.S. silver half dollar,

The second is gold the GMT found outright Underneath Bedrock! That gold is on top of a U.S. dime.

As you can see it finds larger gold as well as small to darn small gold. Like any other detector or piece of prospecting gear you buy you will need to learn how to use it and even then it could be a while till you find gold with a detector but if you put the coil over gold that is within detectable range of the GMT it will tell you it is there.

Woof & Steve have provided you with some good reading and like them I suggest you read both articles as they will be of help to you. Best of luck to you in your searching for gold as well as a detector...............63bkpkr

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would really like a copy of Gold Prospecting with a VLF metal detector. My email is [email protected].

Thank You! Tom

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone would like a copy of Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector in Microsoft Word let me know. I have enlarged the text and when printed its on full sheets. I had trouble printing the PDF to make a booklet. From page to page the pages were out of order and text was up side down. This copy is much easier to read. I can send it as MS Word or PDF.
AZV, I'll take a PDF file. Thanks. I have the original but the pages are not in order, as yours. [email protected] TTC

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would Love one

Also theres a book called Advanced NuggetShooting "How to prospect for gold with a metal detector" By : James A. Mcculloch
Its good reading :goldbar:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would Love one

Also theres a book called Advanced NuggetShooting "How to prospect for gold with a metal detector" By : James A. Mcculloch
Its good reading :goldbar:
Two more books belong in every "gold" prospecting library... "Follow the Drywashers, The Nuggetshooter's Bible" by Jim Straight and "Fists Full of Gold" by Chris Ralph. The first goes through virtually everything about detectors in one writing and the other book has an AWESOME section on the geology of gold and its ores. You gotta get them! TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you've been told, air tests and ground tests aren't even close to the same animal. The minerals in the ground, interference, etc., etc., make all of the difference.

All the best,

Lanny

NuggetBob

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GMT is a great gold detector on the VLF side. Lots of coil options and a great entry level unit overall pard...if'n I had to choose betwixt the GMT and Gold Bug 2 I'd marry the Bug.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today i was in Monroe washington at the gold show.

I took all my bitty nuggets in my little nugget containers to see what metal detector would pick them up and sound off.

Stopped on the first nugget, the smallest one i brought with me.

Whites Goldmaster GMT, i am determined to save up the capitol and get me this one. it sounded off before the nugget got 6 inches from the small coil. i was very pleased.

Send me the nuggets so I can check my detector

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Nokta FORS Gold also detects my hands, I have to use a plastic scoop otherwise it sounds off.
My GB2 like already said, did this too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread