Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does great. Especially with the smallest coil. Has tons of technology on it. It's amazing all the features it has.

I dont use mine enough though. My GB2 is my go to machine. I mainly take the 705 out when I'm hunting deep placers.

I've hunted areas hard with the 705 and came back later with the GB2 and found tons more. But that is expected. They are two vastly different machines.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more thing. Coiltek makes coils for it now. I plan to buy one for parks/beaches. It's a monster coil. :)

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of my experience with Minelabs is the GP series going back over ten years. I just purchased a E-trac and havent put it through all it's paces yet. I'm still learning it. But , I have played with a friends 705. He hunts along side me with my MXT Pro , and the 705 is a very nice machine. only thing I've found so far it doesnt handle the old rusted iron as well as the MXT Pro. But I know the pro machine better . I think with time I could dial in the 705 better. I'm a big fan of multi tones with coin machines. The 705 does a great job.

As far as gold , small / shallow ,I go GMT, sometimes the old Gold Bug original. Larger gold , deeper nasty ground, The GP series machines.
The 705 is probably the best "all around " machine for the price Minelab makes. It's not going to find the smallest stuff out there or the deepest. It's not meant to. It does alot of stuff real good . It's a great multi task machine.

And by the way. That ring is a helluva find ! If you're making finds like that dont let that machine go ! Nice !

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great find!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
muleman

muleman

Feb 19, 2013
Most of my experience with Minelabs is the GP series going back over ten years. I just purchased a E-trac and havent put it through all it's paces yet. I'm still learning it. But , I have played with a friends 705. He hunts along side me with my MXT Pro , and the 705 is a very nice machine. only thing I've found so far it doesnt handle the old rusted iron as well as the MXT Pro. But I know the pro machine better . I think with time I could dial in the 705 better. I'm a big fan of multi tones with coin machines. The 705 does a great job.

As far as gold , small / shallow ,I go GMT, sometimes the old Gold Bug original. Larger gold , deeper nasty ground, The GP series machines.
The 705 is probably the best "all around " machine for the price Minelab makes. It's not going to find the smallest stuff out there or the deepest. It's not meant to. It does alot of stuff real good . It's a great multi task machine.

And by the way. That ring is a helluva find ! If you're making finds like that dont let that machine go ! Nice !

Cool Thanks for the info ... Yeah that ring is nice

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that ring might fund your new Coiltek coil and that new Minelab pinpointer.

Cool Thanks for the info ... Yeah that ring is nice

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

And by the way. That ring is a helluva find ! If you're making finds like that don't let that machine go ! Nice !

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the 705, as it had been on my list of "maybe's" as a gold machine. My only concern
was that it could hang in with the Gold Bug Pro or GB2, and finally someone's given me a straight answer!

Have done extensive YouTube searches for anything on the X-Terra 705 and prospecting, and aside from a bunch
of great tutorials and one poorly done video I can't find a thing on the 705's capabilities under actual use hunting
nuggets. The GB Pro is a multi-tasking machine as well, but I believe it is first and foremost designed as a gold machine,
and there are numerous video's out there showing it in the field being used by regular nugget hunters. The
tiny little pickers they find with it shows me that it's very sensitive to those smaller bits of gold, but since there is
essentially -0- out there about people nugget hunting with that machine it had me scratching my head a bit.

OP
OP
muleman

muleman

Feb 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the 705, as it had been on my list of "maybe's" as a gold machine. My only concern
was that it could hang in with the Gold Bug Pro or GB2, and finally someone's given me a straight answer!

Have done extensive YouTube searches for anything on the X-Terra 705 and prospecting, and aside from a bunch
of great tutorials and one poorly done video I can't find a thing on the 705's capabilities under actual use hunting
nuggets. The GB Pro is a multi-tasking machine as well, but I believe it is first and foremost designed as a gold machine,
and there are numerous video's out there showing it in the field being used by regular nugget hunters. The
tiny little pickers they find with it shows me that it's very sensitive to those smaller bits of gold, but since there is
essentially -0- out there about people nugget hunting with that machine it had me scratching my head a bit.

Thanks bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread