Gold Prospecting with the $200 Fisher F2

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think even a Bounty Hunter would have found that big nuggget, they wern't very clear though how they found the panned material.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ANY metal detector could have found that nugget at 2" for goodness sake. With that said - CONGRATULATIONS!

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
If they let you loose in Fort Knox, I am sure that either detector could find the smallest gold brick there with equal capabilty. So it all depends on your test case for the comparison.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I have to play the skeptic here. I am not knocking the F2 - yes it will find a gold nugget.

But a nugget that size that shallow on a river bar? Nowhere near bedrock? Not saying it is not possible but unlikely in my experience that the nugget was deposited there naturally.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The tree across the road, when you're caught without your chainsaw, is a bummer. That's why I always pack one when I'm in country.

All the best,

Lanny

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's one of those things like spare batteries, if your need them and don't have them your whole trip is shot.

The tree across the road, when you're caught without your chainsaw, is a bummer. That's why I always pack one when I'm in country.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread