GARRETT AT PRO for prospecting

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off, I've read your other posts, STOP WORRYING about which one will find the most nuggets. If you wanted a machine Primarily/Geared towards Gold then you should have bought the AT Gold, but if you wanted a machine for coins, relics and still gold then the AT Pro is just fine.
The only difference is 3kHz, which really isn't all that much if you see all the other detectors out there going into mass double 300-600kHz's.
SO, with that being said. The AT Gold WILL find lil baby tiny pickers. The AT Pro, unless your running on Max Sens and the ground conditions are alright won't be able to find the lil baby ricey gold. I HAVE seen pictures and read stories of "pickers" being found using the AT Pro, so I'm sure it's entirely possible after you've learned your ATP sounds well.
The ATP and ATG are MEANT TO FIND GOLD.
The ATG is NOT MEANT FOR SALTWATER, TOO MUCH INTERFERANCE. With you being in New Jersey and close to ocean I'd say F yes friend, GREAT choice on the ATP above the ATG.
Change your detector on here btw, you still have "open for ideas what to buy."

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The AT Gold will for whatever reason out perform the AT Pro on small gold because I saw it first hand 2 months ago out in in the desert. I would call Garrett and talk to customer service or better yet an engineer to see what can be done as far as shipping it back to them and getting tuned to match the AT Gold, if that is what you want.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro would be "ok" at best for nugget detecting. The AT Gold is better due it having a true threshold based all metal mode.

No, you can't get an AT Pro "tuned" to be like an AT Gold. The only way to do that is sell the Pro and get the Gold instead.

Last edited:

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AT Pro 15kHz vs 18kHz of the AT Gold.

higher Freq better it is on smaller gold.

Invest in a small hockey puck "Sniper coil" 4.5" maybe...

I put one on my AT gold and had more success than i did with my stock coil..

anyway good luck.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you so worried about gold hunting? You live in a state with an incredible history and tons of great relics waiting to be dug, mountains of silver coins, and a beach loaded with jewelry. Go hunt the treasures you have in your backyard, not the ones miles away.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold that you can find in your state is in the form of coins and jewerly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread