NEW Whites GMT

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GMT Strikes GOLD!

Got a pretty sweet deal, GMT + 14" 10" coil, 6" coil, DetectorPro Pistol Probe, Jolly Rogers Ultimate headphones, Walco No.1 Standard Pick, $995
the 6" and 14" coils were used..*

Headed out this Friday, shall post results.. if any lol.

UPDATE:

Well I went out to one of my hot spots today previously gone over with the Gold Bug Pro... since its about a 5 hour hike in.. The pro being so light its the only detector that has ever made it that far..

Anywho... I'll let the results tell the story.... well kinda... all off / near bedrock... that 10" coil is good, but DAMN that 6" can hit the small stuff....
Anyway take a peek.. total is 1.4g for the day minus (.24g found with the pro, so total: 1.2g) .. better than usual since its all very small placer gold in my area.. Thanks and happy hunting

Attachments

• IMG091.jpg
    IMG091.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG093.jpg
    IMG093.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG095.jpg
    IMG095.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds Like you got a lot of booty for the buck. Good Luck to you and may you find some cool stuff & $$$$!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's all the coils there are for that machine and they are worth about $500 if bought at list price. I use the GMT myself and it Does find gold! Best of success with the package!..................63bkpkr

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You stuck a fat hog in the ass on that one, nice score.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a pretty sweet deal, GMT + 14" 10" coil, 6" coil, DetectorPro Pistol Probe, Jolly Rogers Ultimate headphones, Walco No.1 Standard Pick, $995
the 6" and 14" coils were used..*

Headed out this Friday, shall post results.. if any lol.

UPDATE:

Well I went out to one of my hot spots today previously gone over with the Gold Bug Pro... since its about a 5 hour hike in.. The pro being so light its the only detector that has ever made it that far..

Anywho... I'll let the results tell the story.... well kinda... all off / near bedrock... that 10" coil is good, but DAMN that 6" can hit the small stuff....
Anyway take a peek.. total is 1.4g for the day minus (.24g found with the pro, so total: 1.2g) .. better than usual since its all very small placer gold in my area.. Thanks and happy hunting
Now thats what I'm talkin about! Jolly good Mate, I'm happy for ya!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mate! it was one of the best days out.. put in about 9 hours total.. best part.. zero trash! .. just the F!@#$%^ iron stone driving me insane..

Anyway headed out again tomorrow, different spot though.. not up for another long walk lol..

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on other hunts looks like a great start tho to me! I have a Whites GM/vsat probably old tech now, have never gotten to nugget hunt with it yet! Still nope to someday tho probably need to get it out and fool around to figure out its workings at all.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent around $1100+ for my GMT, and for all three coils and three "tall man" lower poles, you got a good deal. For all the hype around the GB Pro, the results of the GMT speak for themselves. In my opinion, the features of the GMT are better.

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent around $1100+ for my GMT, and for all three coils and three "tall man" lower poles, you got a good deal. For all the hype around the GB Pro, the results of the GMT speak for themselves. In my opinion, the features of the GMT are better.

very much agree with you on that, while the Pro is a great machine, GMT is just better-ish... my detecting buddy found a single picker of .103g.. using the GB Pro i sold him... every time i got a signal i asked him to check them with the Pro.

GMT .11g, .24g, .26g, .28g, .47g, didn't weigh the little flakes or the weird wire picker..

anywho yay gold!

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Congrats! Next time I visit Australia, take me with you? 8-)

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds,, curious besides the one that says gb pro would the gb pro detect the other little targets? did you happen to try the gb2 on them? after owning all three which one do you like best?why? and also what coil is your favorite? thank you.

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GB Pro was able to detect all the targets the GMT did.. however the smaller ones were just a slight change in threshold not the "Zip" of the GMT... I didn't have my gold bug 2 on hand that day..

By far my favorite coil is the 10" stock coil... while the 6" is more sensitive, its too damn small to cover any ground. have not tested the 14"

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with you on the 6" and the 10" coils, the 10" really is the most useful. I haven't used the 14" coil yet, but I've heard the whole package is a heavy sucker.

The GB Pro was able to detect all the targets the GMT did.. however the smaller ones were just a slight change in threshold not the "Zip" of the GMT... I didn't have my gold bug 2 on hand that day..

By far my favorite coil is the 10" stock coil... while the 6" is more sensitive, its too damn small to cover any ground. have not tested the 14"

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great to know guys , im still ok with my GBP comming in a few weeks and called fisher today about the Gbp 11 coil and was told it will go deeper and cover more ground .. i guess a must

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
great to know guys , im still ok with my GBP comming in a few weeks and called fisher today about the Gbp 11 coil and was told it will go deeper and cover more ground .. i guess a must

nothing wrong with the GBPro.. my 2nd one arrived this morning.. woot!.. and my NEL Sharpshooter 9.5x5.5" coil..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread