Hunting in cody wyoming area

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost a new Buck knife at that lake 40 miles north of Kemmerer in 1972 - maybe you can try....lol. Seriously though you might check out some Aspen groves
where sheepherders used to camp. I've found a few artifacts that way -sorry, that's all i got. Welcome to tnet, wish you good hunting.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
hole in the wall

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
jmoller99,

Are there any restrictions on that area? Awhile back a geologist had commented that the fraudulent Ecologists had sued and closed the best gold spots in the state so that's why I asked.

David Paul

Mar 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First spring here - in Clark,Wyoming- was going to try Line Creek ?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped in Cody 20 years ago for running camp to watch the rodeo! Biggest belt buckles I've ever seen. Do they still do a rodeo every night?

Got be dropped coins all over there.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First spring here - in Clark,Wyoming- was going to try Line Creek ?

Open this link Mining Claims Maps. Click on maps at the top, click on mining claims on right side then click on Wyoming on the right side. There you have an interactive map that shows all the active mining claims in the state and near BUT NOT ON THEM (illegal) is your best chance for finding gold. Learn how to use the site as it is the best resource available to help you find gold! Be aware there may be other laws that you need to know about and follow to keep out of trouble.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread