Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to join the GPAA, and also the club at Promack Mining in Apache Junction.
Check out those 2.
Roadrunners is expensive.

Oh,hello and welcome to the forum.
I live over here by Queen Valley,heading towards Globe from you.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to join the GPAA, and also the club at Promack Mining in Apache Junction.
Check out those 2.

I think that that is funny, matt. Your screenname is roadrunner, yet you are not a member.. It throws me for a loop every time. We will get together when it cools off some...
Colgold, you need to look at the Bradshaws. That is where the gold is. You can knock yourself out trying to find an unclaimed area, or join a club. If you want, we can go out to one of my (Roadrunner) claims, and we can play around. Need to wait till a cloudy day, though. I spend too much time in the sun the way it is.......

OP
OP
coldgoldblood

coldgoldblood

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2013
Check out those 2.

I have looked into joining clubs, but as always money is tight. Have you ever metal detected any ghost or old mining towns? Look alike I will make a trip to the Bradshaws. Thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP
coldgoldblood

coldgoldblood

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2013
I think that that is funny, matt. Your screenname is roadrunner, yet you are not a member.. It throws me for a loop every time. We will get together when it cools off some...
Colgold, you need to look at the Bradshaws. That is where the gold is. You can knock yourself out trying to find an unclaimed area, or join a club. If you want, we can go out to one of my (Roadrunner) claims, and we can play around. Need to wait till a cloudy day, though. I spend too much time in the sun the way it is.......

Ya I work in the heat. Though my work day is done between one or two. Wake up around two thirty. But in the future would be good. Still need to dial in my detector. Still a rookie.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Practice in the parks, bud. What do you do for work? Sounds a lot like me. Roofing. No shade. Ever......

OP
OP
coldgoldblood

coldgoldblood

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2013
Practice in the parks, bud. What do you do for work? Sounds a lot like me. Roofing. No shade. Ever......

Roofing is definitely the worst. I drive for CocaCola filling vending machines. So I downstack product out in the sun. I am lucky when accounts are inside. The cab of the truck never cools down from stop to stop even with a/c. I will go hit up some parks too.

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
finding open/ unclaimed ground is hard to do.

when prospectors do find an area like these they are often tight lipped about it,
do to the amount of work and effort in finding the patches.

if you have a 4x4 and don't mind hiking in for a few miles away from the road/trails,
there are still nuggets to be found,

but its getting harder every year.

a club is really the best option.

some are expensive like Roadrunners, but they do have some of the best club claims.

most gpaa claims have been over worked, from what i have experienced.
Weaver Mining District club, might be called American Prospectors Club now.

out at rich hill, its like 25 bucks a year and has good gold in the area. that's the best deal going.

you did not say what kind of detector your using.

that can make a big difference.

as far as ghost towns, most were picked over long ago.

now small miners camps that don't show up on any map.
that you might find when hiking or nugget hunting you might be able to find some goodies.

i have found that they really did not lose many coins in camp, no reason to carry coins out in the middle of nowhere with no place to spend them.

if you want old coins, look for street/ sidewalk construction in the older parts of down town Phoenix or Glendale and you an do well.

good luck.

Steve

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Actually, I was a fuel truck driver for some years in New Jeresey.Hence the roadrunner name. Never even knew about the club until 3-4 months ago.
Just about have my drywasher done.(building my own).
The club from promack,in AJ,has a claim in Winkleman also.
We can go to one of yours first if you want.
2 weeks ago I spent from 5-2pm putting up solar panels on a roof in Chandler.
Now I just spent 2 days doing the same on a roof in Superior.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions