What detector do you recommend?

markanderson

Jul 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I currently have two detectors. One is a super cheap one that helped me learn about detecting, the other is the AT Pro. I'm interested in getting a detector to find smaller caches that can, with the right coil, go down a few feet. Ideally, it would be neat if something has discrimination to separate the good stuff from the trash. I understand with a bigger coil, a lot of smaller trash will be ignored.

Here's detectors I've been looking at. One of the two box detectors, like the Gemini or TM808. However, not much by way of discrimination with those. The White's Sierra Madre with the 25" coil. I really don't know. Any recommendations?

Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you may be in the wrong forum

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi markanderson.

Looks like you scrolled a bit too far, friend.

Try the Treasure Hunting Forum / Cache Hunting.

It is just above this God Detecting Forum.

I meant to say GoLd Detecting Forum, you know. But when I saw what I typed, I laughed. Then I left it.

[No one admits to having enough gold to fashion a calf here]. But there's the guy that dredged ...

Hey, its late.

Anyhows, guys and girls on the Cache Forum should be able to give you more info.

Over here, we are down with the fever.

I don't know if you are in a gold-bearing state; if the fever strikes, come on back!

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites old school TM series is the best unit for the job as it ALONE has the ability to find VOIDS,as in caves,chests and stashes,which is cool. Good to about 10 feet in spots BUT be prepared to do some diggn' man and I ain't talkn' inches but FEETS-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread