image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Upvote 0

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats nice, it looks heavy though. Is it? Do you find much up in reno? Do you metal detect on the truckee river?

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alkaline or NiMH.......I like that!

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5.3 lbs without four each C cell battery, approximately 5.9 lbs with four alkaline C cells.

Just moved to Reno after a lifetime in Alaska and loving it. Doing well but never detected in Truckee yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post link..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Steve, thanks for the info on this new ML machine. I like how it compacts to 8" X 16" and its underwater capabilities. Do you have any idea what the retail price will be on this unit?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Steve,

Any information on any specifics? For instance, it looks waterproof for one. I'll also assume with letters SDC that it's a pulse machine?

Anyway, if you've got anything else that you can share, I'm all ears.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lanny,

It is all at the link in the first post in the thread. Pulse induction, compact, waterproof to ten feet, 8" mono coil optimized for small gold. Available mid-2014.

The US price has not been announced but an Australian site has it for $3999 Australian so presumably that means in the US$3000 - $4000 range.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the feedback Steve. (I totally missed the hot link at the top of the page!)

You're a great guy when it comes to information.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit to being obsessed with nugget detecting technology. The next year should be interesting. Wishing you a great 2014 Lanny!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit to being obsessed with nugget detecting technology. The next year should be interesting. Wishing you a great 2014 Lanny!

I would love to compare one side-by-side with my Minelab F3, including target responses.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

All the best to you as well Steve.

I hope you find some more nice gold this year.

Lanny

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This detector looks perfect for me. Been thinking for years why somebody couldn't streamline the design of one and make it compact and collapsible for backpacking.
Just hope the price is right.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrett ATX is looking pretty appealing now.

See Chris what did I tell you, I thought the price would be in the 3K range but I did not expect to be closer to 4K range. Your correct the ATX at $2150.00 you sure can't ignore. I think those that have been waiting were hoping the Lab was going to fall in the $2500.00 range. They may have priced the Lab out of the range for most. Can't wait to see all the bickering that's going to follow once they hit the USA and comparisons to the ATX... Should be fun to read...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread