No Nuggets just scenery pics

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Nugget's just scenery pic's

Went detecting with my Brother for nugget's but all we found was shell casing's,barbwire,nails and a few live rounds but I didn't have high hopes so I wasn't disappointed did take some pic's of the area. 100_4008.JPG 100_4009.JPG 100_4010.JPG

Upvote 0

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures & looks like great detecting ground...Maybe next time..

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pictures & looks like great detecting ground...Maybe next time..

I’m with you Dave… the scenery depicted above is rugged and altogether lovely. Thanks Back-of-the-boat for posting those fantastic photos here. :icon_thumleft:

Other than Lanny’s thread http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html we don’t get to see all that much by way of picturesque scene shots posted to this board. I think the landscapes associated with prospecting are a big part of the appeal for most of us. I consider finding any precious metals or other minerals as an additional bonus… sauce for the goose.

But I’ll admit that the overall flavor of my prospecting trips is greatly enhanced if something worthwhile is recovered from the wilds. Below are a couple of photo contributions… hardly sweeping vistas, but these recall to mind some extraordinary adventures and great finds…

Jim.
AUTUMN WILDERNESS SCENES [GF].JPG

WILDERNESS SCENE SILVER SF (GR-DOTS).JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the merced between bagby and briceburg-John
Actually it's the San Joaquin Gorge by Auberry,Ca the hill in the 3rd pic is Squaws leap.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful area, if not invaded by the BLM, and has some of the largest rattlers in the state. I have seen some HUGE ones in there...

Actually it's the San Joaquin Gorge by Auberry,Ca the hill in the 3rd pic is Squaws leap.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pic looks like the hill across from the Bagby rec parking lot up Flyaway gulch. GREAT lookn' bedrock but I've never been to that particular spot before. Thanx for pics-John

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to second that....No gold today but a good time...It's the end of May and there is still 3 feet of snow in the bush in certain spots..Unbelievable..Going to be a short season...A couple of scenery shots....

Panning 1 May.JPG ..... Panning May 2.JPG

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful! Enjoying nice scenery like that is only second to finding/searching for gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread