Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

Still in the market for a good all around land machine, something that can handle relic hunting, coin shooting, and even picker hunting. If such a beast exist? I'm only going to have room for one land machine and a few coils so I need to to get the most bang for my buck. Already got the Excal and various coils for all of my water hunting.

Here's a link to the machine in question:

Nokta Fors CoRe Beach Review-New Detector to Consider
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have been seeing some really awesome results from people with the FORS machine.
    The Garrett ATX Extreme is another machine to consider.
    bigscoop likes this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
    756 times
    Prospecting
    I have the fors core brother fors gold and it is a great subgrain gold detector. I never ran a core. But i see alot of people that hunt coin and relics in england, europe and back east. That say the core is awesome. I have velox one also and it is a great combo detector. And a great gold finder as well.
    Hoser John and bigscoop like this.

us
    Aug 2013
    Great Lakes State
    CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
    108 times
    Don't mean to sound like a broken record Bigscoop, but, the Minelab Xterra 705 is a proven performer in ALL the areas you mention, including a dedicated prospecting mode. The ability to change frequencies (3khz, 7.5khz, and 18.75khz) with the change of a coil, makes it a formidable detector at a large variety of tasks.
    The 3khz coils will give you the best detection for silver, copper, coins, etc., with good depth, while the 18.75khz coils will work best for smaller gold. The 7.5khz is a general detecting frequency many of the single freq. detectors use. It has a good selection of coils in both concentric and DD configurations. You really can effectively target most anything with it.
    I see Minelab currently has some promotions going on, and you can probably get a pretty good deal. Give Bart a call at Big Boys Hobbies, if nothing else, he can give you some good information.
    Last edited by locater; Sep 05, 2014 at 07:43 AM.
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Manuals for Nokta Detectors

Fors Core

Fors Gold

Velox One

Golden Sense
    bigscoop, Koffee and Keppy like this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8675 times
    Thanks guys, whittling down the list of possibilities. The 705 is still on the list, for sure. Just checking out and then checking off as many as I can. May end up even going with two machines but I really want to avoid that if I can. Highly mineralized ground and hot rocks are my biggest concern because I just don't know where all I'll be hunting next year. Colorado for sure, Arizona and Nevada are looking very likely right now. California isn't out of the question. Just want to have a machine/coils that can handle most it when I get there, wherever that might be.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    I believe Californiagold says his Fors Gold handles highly mineralized ground very well. Let him chime in...
    bigscoop likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Aug 2014
    California goldfields
    Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
    756 times
    Prospecting
    Fors gold will handle highly mineralized soil very well. Where i hunt the soil and rocks are the worst around. Can't even think about using any detector in all metal mode. I use boost mode on fors with sensitivity at 85. My velox handles it well too. Either one will snipe gold right out of the mineralization.
    bigscoop likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8675 times
    Thanks guys, been on the Notka site checking things out. Pretty impressed so far. Not heard or read anything bad about them.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6667 times
    I've been to the area where the Manzanita Mangler hunts and HOT AS HADES for sure. 90+% of units wouldn't even work there as TOUGH mineralization to gb in any way shape or form-John
    Aufisher, bigscoop and NeoTokyo like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    I've been to the area where the Manzanita Mangler hunts and HOT AS HADES for sure. 90+% of units wouldn't even work there as TOUGH mineralization to gb in any way shape or form-John
    I'm thinking I'm going to have to have a specialty machine in the arsenal at some point.

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1278 times
    Prospecting
    If looking for small gold in hot nasty ground I would skip right over the VLF and go to a mid range PI( SDC, ATX or TDI SL) True some gold VLFs run a bit better then others in that stuff but not by much, you still have ground balance constantly and reduce the gain/sensitivity big time no matter what VLF. If I were working those conditions you describe, I would first hit it with my TDI SL / 7.5" mono coil then mop the area over again with the Gold Bug Pro to see what it could do, but thats just me.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6667 times
    Look at other post of Cal Golds on Notka Fors gold as you'll see the proof that crazy thang works and finds gold that even GB Pro won't find as side by side comparisons made already in numerous conditions. The thang is indeed interesting as Hungary is the EU hotspot for techie advances. Government,EU, spend many 100s a millions there creating a techie industry. John
    bigscoop and DizzyDigger like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Look at other post of Cal Golds on Notka Fors gold as you'll see the proof that crazy thang works and finds gold that even GB Pro won't find as side by side comparisons made already in numerous conditions. The thang is indeed interesting as Hungary is the EU hotspot for techie advances. Government,EU, spend many 100s a millions there creating a techie industry. John
    I'm leaning that way if I opt for a dedicated machine, which I think is probably likely and well advised. I may just end up getting 2 Notka machines before it's over with, one for general land use and one dedicated machine.

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Not to discredit Californiagold but I would like to see the Nokta Fors Gold tested and reviewed by a handful of testers and get an unbiased review. Even the Nokta forums the only person that has given much on posting of the Nokta Fors Gold is Californisgold and the staff of Nokta. The Youtube videos do nothing to sway me in purchasing the MD and most are in foreign tongue. I have yet to read any reviews by whom I hold to a higher standard to test and review a Nokta MD.

Nokta is now a supporter of the Treasure Net Forums so its without question they read these forums. Nokta, I and others would like to see the Nokta Fors Gold placed in the hands of Steve Herschbach, Chris Gholson, Steve Gholson, Rob Allison, Ray Mills to give an unbiased review of the Nokta Fors Gold. Let's see the ultimate tests and reviews.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fors Gold.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	1050169
    Last edited by AzViper; Sep 15, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links