roaring camp mining co. ca.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
No i have not but I hear it's pricey......not only to stay there in a cabin and or a tent but $250 or more for a pile of durt to sift through is a bit much :o

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
Somewhere I have paper mail from them reguarding rates for cabins & tent camping. If I can remember right a cabin is 550 per person and tents are around 225, plus there is an additional cost per each person you bring and that includes kids! They do have a pool, mini golf, and play ground to keep the kids busy. I will try to find the info tonight and post the costs. It is 250 a pile of dirt and they expect you to take a week to go through it it

Here is a copy of the email I got from a worker up there
"Anna

We have an All Day Adventure Tours where our guide will take you into Roaring Camp, show you camp and our mining operation and then you can pan for gold. We will also allow you to bring a small sluice box. The cost is $35.00 per person and children 10 and under are $25.00. Reservations are required, so please pick a date and let us know. Can I send you some info by mail?

Kim
http://www.roaringcampgold.com/

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
I found the info , I am probably too late but here it is

Reservations Required
Rates per week
Camp Cabins
1-2 people $550.00
Each additional Child under 18 $120.00
Each additional adult $165.00

Tent Camping
1-2 people 450.00
Each additional Child under 18 $85.00
Each additional adult $130.00

These accommodations include, in addition to your gold mining, panning, dredging, and sluicing a wiss banger and mining instruction class, Saturday night cook out, miles of ricer to explore, fishing, swiming, rock collecting, hiking, use of our miniture golf course, swing, ping pong, horseshoes etc. at no extra charge.

All Day Tours
$35.00 per person

Gold bearing gravel piles
$250.00
They supply a sluice box, water, settling pond, and neccessary equiptment for your mining. Equiptment will be supplied for 3 hours per day 1 & 1/2 in the morning and 1 & 1/2 hours in the afternoon. They say it will take you 5-6 days to remove the gold from your operation.
Here is the phone number
209-296-4100

OP
OP

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
Destobrat,

thanks for the information. have you or anyone you know been to the camp and looked for gold? do you do any gold prospecting in your Madesto area?

JOHN

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The old saying is..... gold is where you find it.You don't have to go to a camp and pay $1.200 just to have fun and maybe leave with about 100 dollars worth of gold you already paid for!!! ;)
Rob

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
49erjohn said:
Destobrat,

thanks for the information. have you or anyone you know been to the camp and looked for gold? do you do any gold prospecting in your Madesto area?

JOHN

I have never been there don't know anyone that has either. We pan along the Stanislaus river here for gold, haven't found a lot of gold some flour gold that's it but then I have spent my summer in a cast so I haven't been able to get out. The cast comes off in 9 days than I am ready go!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
$250!!! I'll sell ya a couple lbs of dirt off my claim for that :o :o :o :o

(only kidding, not really for sale...well maybe for enough $$ :D )

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Pay to MINE?
Hey ...... put your hard earned money .... back in your pocket. Drive to Colfax, California ..... and do some panning/sluicing on the North Fork of the American River. "The road" (ask the locals) takes you right down to the river ..... across the bridge (on the left) there is a State campground (cheap housing) ..... 'hump your gear' upstream (no dredging allowed) ..... and live the 'dream' ...... it's where I got my chronic/acute case of 'gold fever' ...... now I'm in therapy .... no thanks to that dreaded 'yeller stuff'.
Oh, and by the way ...... up river they have a 'SECRET' ....... do the 'hump' and you'll find it .... just like I did.

Peace be with you,
Rick

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand this is a really really old topic.

A few months ago at the GPAA gold show here in Seattle, my Daughter and i won the grand prize raffle for a 7 night 7 day stay at Roaring camp.
What a cool place!
Expensive yes, worth it? YES, i will go back.

The people, customer service, happy happy co-campers, killer cabins & clean facilities. i will go again some day.

The gold we found was incredible, hard rock type mining up on the wall was what we chose. one couple from the camp loved my daughter and i and decided to buy us both a pile of paydirt and it was LOADED with gold.
In a week of digging, paypile inclused. My daughter went home with close to 3/4" Oz of gold.

My gold was being one on one with my Babygirl.
What a really fun place to spend a week.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its not the pay to mine theory, its the other Campers i will pay to go be around once again.
Just an incredible week of fun.

Think of it as Senior citizen camp lol!

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the day trips are cool also, you have a pile of paydirt to pan out.
its loaded with great gold as i too got to play with a couple pans at the saturday dinner feast they have.
the chunks of gold in it, if you can pan fast enough, well you will get your moneys worth from that pile easily.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the pile of dirt you purchase, well its a loader bucket full of gold bearing dirt.
the gold is really nice in those piles. Its a lottery, some piles have bigger and better nuggets.
They are $350 now and Cabins are $750 a week
Prices went up.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd expect the kind of people that can afford to piss away money on a place like that live pretty uppity lives, no kidding they fart sunshine.. they dont have a worry in the world except how to spend their money.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd expect the kind of people that can afford to piss away money on a place like that live pretty uppity lives, no kidding they fart sunshine.. they dont have a worry in the world except how to spend their money.

Not a very nice thing to say sir. If someone wants to pay for a weekend like that its no ones business period.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no, not really.
They make reservations a year ahead of their trip, pay $150 down and then monthly send a payment.
They only have to pay the cabin/tent space fee.
A week is $750, granted that is a bunch of cash for a working stiff like me (trucker).
But they are paying little by little for their stay, one, two or however many weeks.

the same people will be there next year as were there when i went second week of june. these campers were average joes and joe'ettes.
teachers, retired crane operators, transportation workers. Just general blue collar workers.
they each paid monthly until their costs were paid up, then its just show up on the sunday morning with the gear, food and tools for mining.
Its a fun care free place.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if your coming home with 3/4 an ounce , that's pretty cool. I've always wanted to check it out. but not at those prices even with the gold.

question though...I've heard multiple times now that you can or they can dredge on there "operation". So is this just old info from before 2009 or do they have some kind of exemption from the state to dredge?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great folks, great learning experience for one and all and in todays world you can easily pay more for a fleabag hotel room overlooking some lousy freeway. NO dredging as just pics on website from days of old which is sic sic sic as envy breeds these haters here-John

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I agree with John. The price is a bargain this day and age. Especially if you are rather new to prospecting, this would be a fun and safe way to learn the ropes of finding your own gold.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread