Jar of gold, southern motherload

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man what a score! Cool vid and thanks for sharing Oak

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome find!!! Thank you for sharing the video!

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the video,
And that's what it's all about !!
The endless possibilities are the thrill of the hunt!!!
Great find!! Congrats!!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome metal detecting find. What a cool thing to find. I have always wondered about lost stashes of gold in placer country, ether from one of the original prospectors who got too much to carry out and never came back to collect it (or forgot where he put it) or from one of the workers who HI graded (stole) something and hid it. I know it is possible. Years back, I hid in the fall a bunch of crevice tools on the side of a mountain and when I got back the next summer, I could not locate the spot again. Not much of value, but it brought home the point to me that it is very possible.

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. Really liked the introduction. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! Hope there's more out there for you waiting to be found!

Sluice

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn, what a NICE SCORE!

I would have never guessed right there, but then that's why someone put it there. :D

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Note, this was not found by myself, but by the President of AMRA,Shannon Poe, a 5013c non profit organization that charges 200 per year to mine their claims, and they take that money and spend it to protect the rights of small miners. I personally know some folks that were busted this summer by Fish and Shame, and AMRA got them and attorney, and have already was able to have their dredge released, and the Deputy DA has made it no secret that he has NO interest in taking this losing case to trial.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread