short detecting trip

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello
had a day off to get out after a weekend of rain, wind and trees falling everywhere. started out walking to try a new place, made it a half mile then the sky unleashed buckets of water. i realized i forgot the rain guard for the fors gold joystick handle. had to keep it under my coat and go all the way back to the truck to get the rain guard. so finally made it to the place and got a chance to try fors gold with all its rain gear. it worked well. found 2 pieces in 10 minutes then got a phone call that a relative came to town unexpectedly so had to split. oh well guess ill get back there later. gold weighed 1.1 dwt. also pic of the diggings.
take care

ForumRunner_20150209_194326.png

20150209_163852-1.jpg

Upvote 0

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold, nice spot you got there, hope to see more nuggets soon.

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! After 10 minutes too!!!

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats the definition of Short and Sweet right there. good job CalGold!

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for the comments. but if you do research and land in the right spot you can pick up pieces pretty quick. sometimes i found a piece of gold in the first minute, then never found any the rest of day. other days never found any all day till the last 5 minutes. but also found 20 or so pieces in 15 minutes then nothing left. some pocket deposits or pocket spuderings you get a few ounces in a couple scoops then its all gone. thats the funniest.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures. Looks like the location is very flat, like some of the Australia nugget patches. Beautiful pieces of gold. I am impressed that you battled the rain, went back out and won out. Only suggestion is next time, turn off the phone. hahaha

Your follow-up comment is also worth hearing and repeating. On a similar note, I read something recently about a fellow who nugget-detected full time. He totaled his gold recoveries at the end of the year and found that in 8 of the 12 months he did not pay for gas. A couple of months were break even but two months were so successful - that on average over the year, he did very well indeed. What I took from that story is gold is not consistently found, even for the experts.

Good luck on your next outing. Hopefully, the brothers and sisters of the ones you found are waiting for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread