valentines day date

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello fellow detectorist

had a date with my valentines, instead of dinner and roses, she wanted detecting trip. so we went with an old friend to his gold area where he found a nice hunk of gold awhile back to help him prospect a hill with pockets on it. looked really good, but only found about 2 ozs of lead. so with 2 hours left in the day we went to our gold patch to see about finding some color. got up in the thick brush hillside and managed to get a few. my partner got 11 more with her NEL coil. on gb pro. not a bad date. fors gold did good and found 1 dwt total.
take care

tried to attach pic but it keeps says the website crashed. have to try again in a few minutes

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150214_214315.png
    ForumRunner_20150214_214315.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh ok i guess it went thru anyway

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff how about a pic of the gb pro gold:hello: what nel coil is the using and where did you order it from?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Golden Retriever is such a class lady, you can bet it was her idea.......your one lucky fella CG for sure as the REAL DEAL is soooo hard to find........but pink cammo :icon_scratch:-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry my partner doesnt post gold online. but she sure has found alot in all the long years. u can get NEL coils from gold digger metal detectors in N.J. they have a 2 year warranty on coils. they are built like a tank. fisher only gives you a 1 year warranty. blew 3 of them up. junk. NEL gets more depth, and stable in bad minerals. good luck

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What size of NEL coil is the go-to for the GB? You must have a very special lady to decide on a prospecting trip over dinner, flowers and chocolate.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just taken a break in the gold patch. allready getting my but kicked by my female partner. she has a 9.5" x 5.5" nel sharpshooter. she allready earned its money equivalent in 1 weekend. while back. well me and fors gold better get back at it

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info on the coil. I will look at getting one for my GB too. I bet it would also be a killer coil for beach hunting for bracelets.

It takes a big man to admit when his female partner outshines him. You can be very proud of her. I have a theory that many women have an extra gene turned on for finding things. I can focus better on one task, but my wife is more intuitive and can multitask. I noticed this at airports, where I can only pay attention to signs and where I am going. She constantly finds little treasures. I cannot remember a trip when she did not get an earing or ring or something that everybody else, including me, never noticed. And somehow, she seems to know when and where to look. I bet the same skills apply to nugget detecting.

I just looked online and the NEL sharpshooter is difficult to find for me in Canada. I will have to spend some more time. The only place so far was from somebody in the Ukraine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey placergold
i think the only place you can get them is in new jersey usa. at gold digger metal detectors. they are only distributor here.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20150215_193008-1.jpg

found a couple more with fors gold. but my date, she beat me again. but it was a good day. 1/2 dwt today

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Consistently finding gold is what we all shoot for. Good Job Team!
AjR

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice score's there on the gold and a partner that likes to prospect!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds, and thanks for the informative post.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread