dejavu day

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello friends,

Went back to newer gold patch to score some more color. Found same amount with fors gold as last weekend. 1 nugget that was 1.4 and 12 junior mints. Weight this time was better 2.4 dwt. somehow this place is earning the name lucky 13. I did use a new pair of headphones. They scream on little gold. It was like they were made for fors gold. Once again in a rush this morning and forgot my 5" coil for the fors, but the 11" did fine again. I think with smaller coil i can get some tiny tiny pieces. My partner actually beat me again. With her gb pro, and her damn nel coil.
Take care
Good luck!
Pics of gold and upper and lower digging. Bigger piece today found in lower digging.

ForumRunner_20150315_205818.png

ForumRunner_20150315_205839.png

ForumRunner_20150315_205909.png

View attachment 1131833

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks vance, new headphones are koss ur-30 they are really loud on tiny pieces.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet nuggets my friend and that very real partner of yours beat ya again, Amazing! What a Team!
You two better just stay where you are otherwise i may not have any gold to find up here - LOL
Thanks for sharing - I'm getting the Koss phones with my SDC but will likely run my Grey Ghost because they have the volume control and keep the koss as back up.
AjR

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great gold! You are cleaning up California Gold!! Good job:)

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
someday i hope to stumble upon a site like that, till then i will travel on my hands and knees through the manzanita for miles in search of gold. :laughing7: congrats on a very successful adventure

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is still alot around. We hit a place right out in the open last winter that everyone overlooked that had a bunch of gold. Some places we try only have less then 10 pcs or sometimes none. Just start walking around lands west of redding. There is little diggings about everywhere. Just look for places the hillsides have been altered. Good luck

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold all over West of Redding huh - Go Gettm Boys and Girls!!! I'll be deep in my northern mountains chasing it too.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am always interested pictures where others are successful, in case it is repeatable in my area. Are you detecting in the tailings from a large wash plant? I don't see larger cobbles and the mounds look to contain sorted material. In any case, it looks like a nice spot with shallow and exposed bedrock. Nothing wrong with the pictures of the gold either.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No placergold it isnt a washplant tailings. It was an old hillside ground sluice operation. Going to try my small coil this weekend and see if it gets more small gold. There is still couple acres of older diggings havent tried yet lower on hill. Found 1 good piece there other day. It is deeper ground in lower part, so my partner will try her gpx 5000 down there and see if theres deeper stuff. And i will hit it with my fors gold aswell. Pic is of lower digging towards creek in bottom.

ForumRunner_20150317_201927.png

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah, an old hill side ground sluice makes sense. Their losses are now your gain.

And when you get ambitious, rake off a few inches and try again. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread