Fors gold sick day

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well ive been sick for a week or so with a bad head-chest cold. But got a little better. So was sick and tired of sitting around the house. Went back to the place that I first found gold last summer with fors gold. There is some diggings further to the north that hadnt tried in awhile but never with fors gold. Was able to detect couple hours before coughing was killing me. Fors gold pulled thru for me and landed a few pieces. 3 smaller ones weighed 1.5 dwt total and big one after completing a specific gravity test came out just over 3/4 ounce. .78 ounce. The big one was atleast 10 inches deep maybe alittle more. I wish I took a video but didnt. Just not feeling the greatest. But the gold made me feel better. Luckily fors gold makes it easy. And just loves finding gold even if the operator is not healthy.
Take care
Good luck!!

Attachments

• 1428554007168.jpg
    1428554007168.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done sir! Love seeing these bigger pieces...its encouraging to know their still out there when I am getting skunked lately.

Also - I nominate this for a banner find.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very Nice - Very Nice. Its the gold fever thats got ya man - you must rid your self of all of that evil gold. The only sensible thing is for you to give it to me and cleans yourself. Lol
Great Job. Bet you had a big ol grin when you seen that beast. Way to go - made my insomnia tolerable tonight.

many more to come
AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Righteous specimen CG-take care a yourself as ifn' you can find that species sick just think of them woppers a waitn' for ya when healthy-tons a au 2 u 2 bud-John :headbang:

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
do a specific gravity test on it and see if you can ballpark the gold content. I would be interested to know. Beautiful specimen though, I bet you could easily get $1,500 for that.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments.
Woody I did do specific gravity test and thats where I came up with the .78 oz results. Thanks

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is dreary hanging around the house when you're sick, but rest up a bit more californiagold and you'll be back to normal soonest. Thankyou for sharing your outing and gold recoveries with us, you have done really well... congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

Jim.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments.
Woody I did do specific gravity test and thats where I came up with the .78 oz results. Thanks

Oh very nice! I thought that was the weight of the entire sample. Goodness, you really did find a hell of a piece.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
beautiful piece. i dont think i could not bring myself to sell a peice like that.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds my fellow Nokta gold user. Amazing size gold and depth you pulled it from.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stunning! Enjoy!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ive been sick for a week or so with a bad head-chest cold. But got a little better. So was sick and tired of sitting around the house. Went back to the place that I first found gold last summer with fors gold. There is some diggings further to the north that hadnt tried in awhile but never with fors gold. Was able to detect couple hours before coughing was killing me. Fors gold pulled thru for me and landed a few pieces. 3 smaller ones weighed 1.5 dwt total and big one after completing a specific gravity test came out just over 3/4 ounce. .78 ounce. The big one was atleast 10 inches deep maybe alittle more. I wish I took a video but didnt. Just not feeling the greatest. But the gold made me feel better. Luckily fors gold makes it easy. And just loves finding gold even if the operator is not healthy.
Take care
Good luck!!

Great gold!

Thanks for posting your outing.
Impressed with your Fors detector and was wondering which mode you prefer to use and what size coil you were using?

Keep up the great work,
GG~

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds.

Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what settings did you use and how hot was the ground? I hate being sick but its part of being human I guess....

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. My turn! :laughing7:

DITTO :hello2:

joking aside - Beautiful specimens indeed. Good for you.
And hope you start feel better too. Thats a drag for sure - just got over something like that.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use boost mode on fors gold mostly. And run sens. Between 80-85. And iron masking I turn down to 4-5 in quieter soils. The ground that I detect. Usually ground balances in the 80's.
Thanks for comments.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use boost mode on fors gold mostly. And run sens. Between 80-85. And iron masking I turn down to 4-5 in quieter soils. The ground that I detect. Usually ground balances in the 80's.
Thanks for comments.

I run my fors gold in Di3 mode but recently noticed although I was getting targets at amazing depths the boost mode goes even deeper BUT the Di3 mode does offer something boost mode cant which is that tone difference and with it you can actually hear the difference between objects like tone roll etc.
Are you in an area you don't have to worry about other objects, that your only targets are gold and iron?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread