Goin for the FoRs Gold

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goin' for the FoRs Gold

Finally got my ducks in a row, and tomorrow will be ordering the
FoRs Gold Pro Pack, and yeah, I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve..:headbang:

I've read every tutorial I can find, watched Californiagold's video's on You Tube
till my eyes are bleedin', and have got my truck back on the road and
ready to go.

Started looking at the available US dealers, and it may come down to the
flip of a coin as to where I go. Good as they are, I don't care to purchase
it at KellyCo, and none of the good dealers I've dealt with carry it.

Looking over the Nokta site, they have a listing of the US distributors.
Several didn't even have the Nokta products listed on their sites, and
if they're not willing to make that effort I'll pass on buying from them.

So, where did you buy yours? Did they give you the service you've
come to expect from folks like Bart (Big Boys Hobbies)?

Upvote 0

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching KellyCo for this package, I noticed Minelab has dropped thier prices on that 705 series. I have my ducks in a row also and just waiting to pull the trigger. Kinda a bummer that KellyCo don't have the other goodies included in the Fors Gold Pro Pack like the rest of the other brands... I will be watching this thread with interest!

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kinda a bummer that KellyCo don't have the other goodies included in the Fors
Gold Pro Pack like the rest of the other brands... I will be watching this thread with interest!

Not sure what you mean. The Pro Pack offered by KellyCo is exactly
the same as that offered by Nokta on their site. No doubt it is all
packaged at Nokta in a single box, and KelloCo sells and ships that
package.

The Pro Pack includes all kids of cool stuff, including the 2 additional
coils. Except for a decent pick, anything else I might need I already have.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been tracking the package, and it looks like Fed-Ex is running
their ground freight with teams. It left Orlando yesterday, and
is already in (or NW of) Kansas City, Mo.

That's nearly 1000 miles in 24 hrs., and having hauled freight
over those same roads, I know those FedEx folks aren't even
taking the time to stop for coffee.

Richter: I think I know what you're asking, and no, they don't
include other stuff as the Pro Pack was intended to be sold as
marketed by the manufacturer.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read over what comes with the FORS Gold on KellyCo's site again and its everything that I got in mine.

Here is my unboxing video so that you can see how it comes and what comes in it.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Congrat Dizz. I just pulled the trigger on the Fors Gold myself. Should be here by Friday. Can't wait. Did you happen to watch the Nokta videos on YouTube? Very informative. They have all the English training videos in a playlist. I'll probably watch them three or four times before Friday.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Checked the tracking on mine earlier, and it is already loaded in the
truck for Monday delivery. 8-)

I've watched a few of the video's, but only a couple training ones.
No doubt they'll make more sense once I have the machine in hand.

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking about the extras the pro packages from fisher and minlabs and others have. Ex. pinpointer, digging trowl, hats ect:P

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FedEx shows that it's now out for delivery...only been a week since
I placed the order but it seems like forever...still, I'm waiting patiently..

skeleton-in-chair.jpg~original

Richter: Retailers develop those package deals based on the amount of
profit they have in that particular detector. In the case of the Nokta, this
is a package put together by the manufacturer with intent of being sold
as package.

I have coins hooting digging tools, a hat and Garrett pinpointer, but
what I do need this package has. Coils ain't cheap, so getting 2 add'l
coils really makes the FoRs Gold Pro Pack a superb deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nokta Santa has been and gone, and I'll be checking out
the new machine this evening...:occasion14::occasion14::occasion14:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Yeah, Yeah, yeah!!!! "6:54 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery" She'll be waiting for me when I get home. Unfortunately, so will my wife. JK LOL:laughing7:

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine ordered from KCo but out of stock, waiting for a new shipment before it ships.......:(

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could buy one from (Removed by mod, non supporting vendor) He's a dealer now. From what I heard. Should be same price

Last edited by a moderator:

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could buy one from (Removed by mod, non supporting vendor) He's a dealer now. From what I heard. Should be same price

Not sure who you typed in but here it is two weeks later and I canceled with Kelly Co as they lied me about the shipment. They told me it was in customs and they would have it last wed. . I called and they said they would call me when they had them in. So, I called back monday and talked to a customer servive person and she said they didnt even have a ship date from the dealer yet. When I tried to cancel they tried to tell me that I couldn't get that detector anywhere else. I actually had to about yell at the sales guy to cancel my order. Sponsor or not that stinks....:cross:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure who you typed in but here it is two weeks later and I canceled with Kelly Co as they lied me about the shipment. They told me it was in customs and they would have it last wed. . I called and they said they would call me when they had them in. So, I called back monday and talked to a customer servive person and she said they didnt even have a ship date from the dealer yet. When I tried to cancel they tried to tell me that I couldn't get that detector anywhere else. I actually had to about yell at the sales guy to cancel my order. Sponsor or not that stinks....:cross:
I will try to find out what happen, but I suspect they were told they had been shipped by Nokta when they hadn't been shipped. I don't think you were lied to, you were simply told what they were told by Nokta.

Same thing happen with the new Fishers F series, they were told multiple times they would have them by certain date only for each date to come and go with no delivery.

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to find out what happen, but I suspect they were told they had been shipped by Nokta when they hadn't been shipped. I don't think you were lied to, you were simply told what they were told by Nokta.

Same thing happen with the new Fishers F series, they were told multiple times they would have them by certain date only for each date to come and go with no delivery.

On top of that they told me they were the only place I could buy one in the states, when the Nokta website clearly shows 4 or 5. I ended up buying from one of them. Its on USPS now. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up unto a few months ago they were the only place in the states where you could buy one. Evidently you got a sales rep that was not aware there were now a couple other sites.

There was miscommunication between Nokta and Kellyco on the shipping, they were under the impression a shipment was in route from Turkey...

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
On top of that they told me they were the only place I could buy one in the states, when the Nokta website clearly shows 4 or 5. I ended up buying from one of them. Its on USPS now. Thanks

Even though they have 4 or 5 distributers now, that's still not that many considering the growing popularity of this metal detector. And if I'm not mistaken, they only started selling them in the US at the beginning of this year. Kellyco is probably the largest and most popular detector distributor in nation. Most of the people in my club purchased from Kellyco. I agree that there was a miscommunication somewhere so go easy on them.

Glad to hear yours is on the way. Additionally, when you get yours, can you see if yours has the same chatter as mine and Dizzy's? Were trying to identify whether or not this is a manufacture flaw. Post your results to Dizzy's thread on EMI issue.

thanks,

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is true Kellyco gets the largest shipments of any dealer...

indianbullet

Greenie
Aug 11, 2015
Redding/Susanville Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500
Nokta FORS CoRe
Whites Spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
Other
As a complete newbe I have to thank the folks that put in the long work reviewing and providing information that helped me decide on a new machine. Mr Mills, aka trinityau started my juices flowing so I pulled the trigger on FORS CoRe. I placed an order with Az Outback last night and first thing this am Chris called me just to confirm everything was a go, and ask if I had any questions ect. I was very impressed by this as in this day and age so many folks forget who is buying and selling.
I'm looking so forward to studying in the mean time, and once again grateful for all the previous research and information posted here as well as other locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread