Goin for the FoRs Gold

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goin' for the FoRs Gold

Finally got my ducks in a row, and tomorrow will be ordering the
FoRs Gold Pro Pack, and yeah, I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve..:headbang:

I've read every tutorial I can find, watched Californiagold's video's on You Tube
till my eyes are bleedin', and have got my truck back on the road and
ready to go.

Started looking at the available US dealers, and it may come down to the
flip of a coin as to where I go. Good as they are, I don't care to purchase
it at KellyCo, and none of the good dealers I've dealt with carry it.

Looking over the Nokta site, they have a listing of the US distributors.
Several didn't even have the Nokta products listed on their sites, and
if they're not willing to make that effort I'll pass on buying from them.

So, where did you buy yours? Did they give you the service you've
come to expect from folks like Bart (Big Boys Hobbies)?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As a complete newbe I have to thank the folks that put in the long work reviewing and providing information that helped me decide on a new machine. Mr Mills, aka trinityau started my juices flowing so I pulled the trigger on FORS CoRe. I placed an order with Az Outback last night and first thing this am Chris called me just to confirm everything was a go, and ask if I had any questions ect. I was very impressed by this as in this day and age so many folks forget who is buying and selling.
I'm looking so forward to studying in the mean time, and once again grateful for all the previous research and information posted here as well as other locations.

I believe you'll be very pleased with the Nokta FoRs Core. It's much the same
as the FoRs Gold, but also has a beach mode. Great choice!

richter

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though they have 4 or 5 distributers now, that's still not that many considering the growing popularity of this metal detector. And if I'm not mistaken, they only started selling them in the US at the beginning of this year. Kellyco is probably the largest and most popular detector distributor in nation. Most of the people in my club purchased from Kellyco. I agree that there was a miscommunication somewhere so go easy on them.

Glad to hear yours is on the way. Additionally, when you get yours, can you see if yours has the same chatter as mine and Dizzy's? Were trying to identify whether or not this is a manufacture flaw. Post your results to Dizzy's thread on EMI issue.

thanks,

Mike

I will let you know. Arrived safe and sound and I am dying to try it. 12hr night shift right now kinda pulls the rug out till this weekend. Watching the video for about the 10th time :P I'll let you know about the noise.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will let you know. Arrived safe and sound and I am dying to try it.
12hr night shift right now kinda pulls the rug out till this weekend. Watching the video for about
the 10th time :P I'll let you know about the noise.

Turned out that the noise issue I had was nothing more than
normal EMI coming off of nearby power lines. The FoRs Gold
is a very sensitive detector, and as such might pick up a little
more EMI at at times.

After checking my FoRs in another area, it runs like a champ,
so case-closed. Now, I just have to wait till I can get down to
Calif. and do some nugget shooting...:icon_thumright:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizzy,
A while ago two potato sized nuggets were pulled out of the ground in Washington State. The ground was claimed but there are gold nuggets in WA as well as CA. Getting to them in either state can be heavy duty exercise!

indianbullet,
First off that is a 'unique' handle. Dealers that take care of their customers should be the norm, regardless of how long they've been in business they need to still take care of the customers. Why? The dealer that takes care of their customers will always have a reputation floating around that they treat their customers well and who wouldn't order from a dealer with a reputation like that.

All of you have fun with your old as well as new machines, someday I will get back out with mine.................63bkpkr

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy I have been reading through your thread. Have you been out much with the FORS? I am amazed how the price has really come down from the time these units first hit the US soil. I still have mine but until I get my new knee (Maybe Next Month) I have yet to get out with it much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions