Few more with Fors

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• 1446434278135.jpg
    1446434278135.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1446434295226.jpg
    1446434295226.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1446434310629.jpg
    1446434310629.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been on TreasureNet too much lately or been out detecting. It is good to see the you are still out finding gold with the Nokta! I hope to make it out on the 12th, and find my first metal detected good:)

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Very nice CA. I wish I could find a spot like yours in my area. I went out for a few hours yesterday in a dry creek where I have had good sucsess highbanking getting some large flakes. I knew the rains were on the way. NBT (nothing but trash) some of which was very small. Still trying to figure this detector out. I had a test nugget with me and tuned the detector for it. about a half hour later, i threw the test nugget down and the detector wasn't picking it up anymore. Batteries were good. Switched to all metals mode made some adjustments to get a signal, then switched back to boost mode with the setting i was previously at and it was picking up the nugget again. Cant explain it. Had fun none the less.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well keep at it. You live in a good area. Just got to find a good diggins area. I could take a 5 year old with a detector to one of my spots and they could find gold. Its not the detector or operator so much but the place you detect. I did very very extensive research thru the years. And visual research. Alot of our area has been cleaned out of bigger gold mostly back in the day with detectors. But there still is an occassional big piece found. Lots of little stuff left for newer detectors to find. Good luck

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also I wouldnt adjust your id mask on fors any higher then 10. Unless you have a high iron trash area. Some reason the higher you turn the id mask it seems to lose the sharpness of the signal of gold. Off course if you turn it up really high like 60-80 you will miss all signals below .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread