planning a trip to arizona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
I was in Rich Hill or Potato hill(?) 2003 and only I saw crap and old trash. I never found a nugget.That place is over-detected.I spent 7 days.

Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
yeap,...still people find nuggets but is very hard because for every nugget you find you remove 3 pound of garbage.

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Yep ..... that sounds like a good "eye-dear".
I'm planing a trip "Outside" in FEB (thaw out for a week) ..... hook up with an 'ole War bud.
Taking both gold detectors ..... and take a walk in the weeds ....
Can't wait.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Have to be persistent in detecting for gold in AZ. First remember your not out coin shooting, take it slow and easy. Second, grid out an area. Third, go where gold has been found. Areas mentioned are great places and the ones who find the gold either by just luck or persistence. When will you be in the AZ area? Can use a detecting partner and have access to gold clams.

49er

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Amona said:
yeap,...still people find nuggets but is very hard because for every nugget you find you remove 3 pound of garbage.

Hehe, I'm thinking that's generally true for almost every well-known gold producing area. Out where I go near Randsburg the same is true.

The trick is to get off the beaten path. Go find a small wash or gully, or the side of a hill where there's not as much activity.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions