Detectors you have found nuggets with ?

BobbyS

Greenie
Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Like to know what detectors you were using when finding a gold nugget ?

I'll start , MineLab 2100 - found many small to medium size , but no real small stuff ever.
Whites GoldMaster 2 - real small stuff , like matchhead size nuggets plus bigger.

How about you ? :)

Upvote 0

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I use a Garrett GTI-2500. First gold I ever found was a gold hotwheels car at 2 inches. First real gold I found with the 2500 was slightly larger than a domino-sized piece of quartz with gold veins running thru it. A lot of minerals in the AZ desert. I was hunting in the all-metal mode, and had to adjust the ground balance several times. When I hit it, the 2500 went ape-sh!t and registered gold pretty quick. (Startled me, as I wasn't expecting that kind of response.) Anyhow, 8 inches down and.... my first gold nugget! I "voluntarily" gave it to my wife. (Actually, she took it for safe-keeping! thinking gold might make me crazy...)

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
About 8 years or so ago (give or take a few years), I found small gold nuggets with a Fisher 1212x.

My Whites Goldmaster 2 died and I had an opportunity in to go to an area that is usually not available.

I panicked and then looked in the Phone book for metal detector. There was one listing and they only had one model in stock. The 1212x.

I bought it in desperation. But I was really impressed with this basic detector. I spent several days digging small nuggets with it.

It was no Goldmaster but it did work and I got me some gold.

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GMT--What gold :-\ Cooter

WAIT! I found my first nugget last saturday 14 grains

OP
OP
B

BobbyS

Greenie
Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the information, congratulations to those who have found gold.

Regards Bobby.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GTI-2500 with 4.5" coil the nugget was about 12*8 mm.

RTP

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Mojave Desert
Detector(s) used
Anything White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectrum, Lobo, Gold Bug, Gold Bug 2, Goldmasters2, 3 & 4, GMT, MXT. Favorites GM3 & MXT.

OP
OP
B

BobbyS

Greenie
Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTP said:
Spectrum, Lobo, Gold Bug, Gold Bug 2, Goldmasters2, 3 & 4, GMT, MXT. Favorites GM3 & MXT.

Hi RTP, one of your favorites is the GM3, Iv'e read some good things about this detector but have not been able to pick one up, may be owners just don't like to sell them.
Can you tell me why you like it please.

Bobby.

RTP

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Mojave Desert
Detector(s) used
Anything White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White’s GMT is the best nugget detector White’s has produced to date, but I just liked the ruggedness of the GM3 and the way it was configured. You could use it pole mounted, chest mounted or belt mounted it was your choice. It was easy to use, manual GB has never been a problem for me so keeping it tuned was a snap in most ground. Now I just have to wait for the new rumored White’s PI. I’m sure it will be another winner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread