BLM active and inactive claim maps link (free!)

F

fbeal

Upvote 0
P

parttime_miner

Yep... good site.. but checkout the linked site off of this one...
labeled ... "LR2000"
it doesnt have maps, but instead is a database full of most all claim info (from '82 or something if i remember correctly) the
geocommunicator site has nice maps, but not all the information is available on the maps yet... so goto the LR2000 and print out the info on the area you are interested in... the info is more comlete on LR2000...

Just my experience...

A few months ago I posted a link to this site, but no one seemed to care.. so I removed it... :P

This site is GOLD... really! ;D

who likes to give gold away?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember that these sites are not accurate,as late as six months behind and info wrong a lot.I check my claims and can't believe the inaccuracy.Check out your local county tax assessors office for the most accurate and current info.Cross refrence in the county recorders office too.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting stuff guys--thanks,

Lanny

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
I've found a couple claims I am interested in I will contact the local BLM office to double check availability. I was wonder how up to date the active claim information is.

A

AZ-Drew

The BLM's website got hacked or something and is down. leave it to the gov't to be experts in security, lol. The lr2000 system is ok but it is kinda of outta date. good as a guide but not as gospel. best to double check.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
I contacted the BLM office where I wanted to location a claim after I viewed the "NILS" to verify actual status...

The Cheyenne WY BLM office sent me out a claim packet. The lady was really good about checking the exact locations I was interested in. I found one or two different areas that are open that I am going to test..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread