Shop Vac - sucked up a few pieces of gold

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry no photos - I was out with my family doing a little nugget shooting. Dad had found a 10 grain nugget, brother struck out, and I found a 22 grain nugget, which I immediately stuck in my lip.
As a side note, I would not recommend doing this in areas where mercury was used in the sluice boxes!

I was driving home (with the nugget in my lip) and for some reason, it fell out and landed somewhere between the seats...
The next morning I mucked my car out and looked around - could not find it.

I formulated a plan to use the shop vac, then pan out whatever it sucked up.

I panned out the passenger side separate from the driver's side.

As I swirled around the first pan, I found a 4 grain picker and 3 fly specks!
Second pan I found my lost nugget as well as 1 fly speck.

This affirms my suspicion that I track gold into my car. Going to have to burn the carpet!

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry no photos - I was out with my family doing a little nugget shooting. Dad had found a 10 grain nugget, brother struck out, and I found a 22 grain nugget, which I immediately stuck in my lip.
As a side note, I would not recommend doing this in areas where mercury was used in the sluice boxes!

I was driving home (with the nugget in my lip) and for some reason, it fell out and landed somewhere between the seats...
The next morning I mucked my car out and looked around - could not find it.

I formulated a plan to use the shop vac, then pan out whatever it sucked up.

I panned out the passenger side separate from the driver's side.

As I swirled around the first pan, I found a 4 grain picker and 3 fly specks!
Second pan I found my lost nugget as well as 1 fly speck.

This affirms my suspicion that I track gold into my car. Going to have to burn the carpet!

Great little story. Had a good laugh this morning! Thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have a friend from N/W Arkansas that went to New Mexico to do some dredging and when he got home he washed his truck on his concrete driveway and when he sprayed the wheel wells he saw some gold on the driveway that he just washed off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread