Sep 30, 2004
Last edited:
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not too far North of there is Lake City and there are some lode claims near there according to Land Matters Maps. If there are old mine dumps and maybe camps on unclaimed land in that area they might be worth checking out for relics (follow the law) or maybe gold in the waste. There are also some claims SE of there in Nevada. Check LandMatters for them too.

Good luck.

Last edited:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
good duck hunting and lots of geodes. arrowheads along the shore of the 'lake'. monster bucks too. there are lots of quartz mines, but not sure about gold

OP
OP
MXT SNIPER

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
Thanks for the info, pretty much what I already knew about the area. Trout fishing and ghost town coin hunting for me.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Sniper,
I'm from Cedarville, grew up there. I'm in Oregon now. Don't know of any gold in the Valley or the East side of the Warner Mtns. There is the old story about the Lost Holden Dick gold high in the South Warner Mountains but I don't know of anyone that's found it. I think that the closest gold is in Nevada. The Hog Ranch Gold mine (on the back road to Gerlach) by way of Long Valley, NV was micron gold and leach ponds. You couldn't find anything that small with a detector. I don't think that Modoc County is the place to find gold with a detector. --Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread