Looking for a nice Silver specimen

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
I am unable to make it up to Cobalt this year. I am giving a talk to some schools about electronic prospecting and am looking for a nice softball size piece or two of silver in matrix (preferably calcite) to show the students. I have several but mine are all slabbed so I don't have a good example. I am willing to pay for whatever you have and will send you the money however you want prior to you shipping it to me. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just returned from Cobalt area mines, and even though I have improved my detector, it's harder to find the silver from 2 and 7 years ago. Even a Canadian we met on his way home claimed he didn't find anything good. I found a wonderful example of pyrite that I kept, and a couple silvers. Not even so much nickel or cobalt was found this trip. Beaver is under heavy pile moving (looking for cobalt I hear) and even there it was scarce, but I did get my best rock. (in a spot a New Liskeard local had just detected the day before). Nothing softball sized. Shipping from Minnesota would be killer, too.

I shot some aerial video with my UAV while there, hope to get it edited and posted soon. I just love it up there!!!!

OP
OP
trainermick

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
Thanks Steve, I have my share of Silver from up there but most of my really good stuff has been slabbed. I sold most of my quality pieces.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wanted to there, but it won't happen at this point. I have a few samples, but most of mine are also slabbed.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might find a piece on eBay ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay does have them. Also try John Betts in NYC. He has a website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread