Gold Racer

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... just noticed a reference to manual ground balance for wet sand, salt water beaches in the manual...

... your experiences always appreciated, thanks

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
have you taken it out yet? curious how it did

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the late reply. I did go out several times on both wet and dry sand beaches in the Comox BC area (Pacific North West). Busy fall for me so I have only a few hours with it. It seemed to work fine. I found Canadian coins no problem. The target ID seems a bit erratic compared to non beach hunting jumping from low to high readings. Could be just my lack of time with getting to know the machine. Must say... pretty happy with it. I have been told by Macro that the display and control box should not get rained on. It is rainy season up here at this time. Good luck !!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
the higher the ground balance level is the less accurate the target id will be, along with many other factors. i would expect a beach to be a challenge for any machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread