Need some good help deciding which detector OR ????

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had several Whites detectors a few years back and really was not that happy with them. I am looking at the MineLab X-Terra 705 Gold or the Garrett AT Gold detector. I want an all around good detector. I do live in a pretty good area in Northern California in the Sierra Foothills. We have a lot of streams which in the summer time dry up with easy access. I really want a primarily gold detector that can also be used for coin detecting also I am not into relic detecting. These two detectors are in my price range where I would like to stay. I would like feedback on these two or other suggestions of other detectors in the same range. I was also looking at the Garrett AT Pro But I do not know about it for gold detecting with its freq. Thanks

Bill

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab get's expensive because you'll need the gold prospecting high kHz coil. and a coinshooter coil (lower kHz). AT gold is also high kHz, so it will only be an "OK" coinshooter. :skullflag:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This might not help But I found more gold with my whites than the Garrets At pro Even though I still Use the Garrets Its Because of Personal Preferences For the Tones Not the Detector If whites Meets My Expectations On My Next Purchase With the Different tones I Can Hear Whites will Get the Purchase There Customer servive Has Always Been Great I'm Looking for some Replacement parts For My At Pro And Cant get A Response ??? Whites Would Have Sent them To My At Little Or No Cost Chug

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the X Terra 705 is a great detector and at just under $500 new in box is a smokin deal have been using one since 08 or 09 and have never felt the need to up grade to me it is one of the most under rated detectors on the market I have three coils for the 705 but rarely use two of them the main coil I do use is the 5x10 18.75 khz coil and I use it for gold detecting and coin shooting, if you want a detector just for gold hunting i would go with the GM 1000 I also have the AT PRO and have never been that impressed with it to me it is one of the most over rated detectors that was ever produced me and it just never did click even though i found a few good targets with it I just could not get a feel for it

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the WHITES MXT ALL PRO detector I know they are pretty good for coin and relic BUT WHAT ABOUT GOLD mostly nugget hunting ?? Feedback appreciated

Thanks Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions