Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but that's not it's primary function. Had a buddy detect a small nugget this summer with his. His machine had trouble with a gold coin he found at about 4 or 5 inches in depth. But he did get it.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will the AT PRO work at all for gold detecting?? Thanks

Bill

Yes but in my opinion there are better choices then the AT PRO for detection of gold just my opinion

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are shopping for nugget detectors then there are several different brands that are specific to that purpose. All detectors will find it (gold and any other metals) depending on different conditions and variables so if that is what you already have then use it until you are ready to make a change.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any detector will find gold as long as it big enough and close enough to the coil. Most nuggets are really tiny pickers and they are in really bad ground. You would be far better off with a dedicated nugget detector if thats your goal

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will the AT PRO work at all for gold detecting?? Thanks

Bill

Yes, just like a Garrett Ace 250. The catch? The gold has to be almost laying on the surface, and must weigh at least 3-grams. :tongue3:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Bwaaaaa :BangHead:

None of my machines will find gold :(

But, I did witness a Tesoro Compadre finding a 14k gold pendant a few weeks ago.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I've been able to gather, if you're thinking of Garrett, the AT Gold is the one specific for what you're thinking of doing, but I truly believe there are better machines out there if you're serious about chasing the gold, just so long as you realize that this is only my opinion, and we all know about opinions . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are shopping for nugget detectors then there are several different brands that are specific to that purpose. All detectors will find it (gold and any other metals) depending on different conditions and variables so if that is what you already have then use it until you are ready to make a cha

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are shopping for nugget detectors then there are several different brands that are specific to that purpose. All detectors will find it (gold and any other metals) depending on different conditions and variables so if that is what you already have then use it until you are ready to make a cha
The Garrett AT Pro runs at 15 kHz frequency not at a frequency of what most people consider a gold detector of 48 – 80 kHz frequency for smaller gold. Of course this is the same with the whites MXT detector as well. Using a small coil as you can get will make a difference in general as well.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tesoro Cibola consumes gold jewelry as does my XP Deus.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My tesoro Cibola consumes gold jewelry as does my XP Deus.

Gold jewelry is generally bigger, not as pure, etc. etc. (easier to find) than smaller gold nuggets.....
My etrac also works great on bigger gold....small gold not so much

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
a 4.5" super sniper coil might help the odds words from 3 gold bugs on yankee nuggets
Great tip there. A 4" coil on a older Whites Gold detector is getting down in size. Sounds like the 4.5" coil is interesting to use. Any one use that coil?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread