WHITES V3i FOR PROSPECTING?????

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a little late to seeing this post. I have a V3i and have used it for prospecting. I have used it with the 4x6 coil and 10” coil. In the ground I took it to, it wasn’t great with the hot rocks. I had the sensitivity around 4 in order to use it quietly. I found a few bullets and square nails. I didn’t use it long enough to actually find gold. It was often alerting on hot rocks. Just about every swing had a signal. I believe I ended up switching from prospecting mode(single freq) to mixed mode (multi freq). So my end thoughts on using it for prospecting: it will work, but the ground has to have lower mineralization, and the gold you find may need to be shallow. If it’s the only detector you have, I would take it out. It’s better used for park detecting in my opinion. I later bought a Goldbug 2 for prospecting. A few weeks ago I got a used Gpx 4500. I have taken it out once and overall I felt the Gpx was so much better suited for prospecting.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just my opinion, the V3i was designed to be an all around machine capable of many tasks. I was not designed to be a gold prospecting machine. I agree with trinitybigfoot that if you are just going to prospect, there are much better machines out there to do it with. If you are going to use the machine for everything, then you couldn't go wrong with the V3i. I bought my first one in 2014. Had some health problems and sold it. I bought another one to replace it a few months ago. I love the machine. GOOD LUCK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread