Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear fellow propectors,

I have a week I can come to the US 09th- 17th March. I armed myself with a Minelab SDC2300 and am looking for help on where to go. I thought AZ or NV could be good due to the time of the year. I am not the type of person posting on any sort of social media. So secrets will be kept secret. If anybody is willing to let me detect on his claim I'd be very happy.
Having just on week incl. the flying from gemany is not much time. So I do need your kind help on where to go. Any arrangements regarding how much to keep or share will be strictly followed.

Tons of AU 2 U

Horst

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Lanny,

we just returned from BC and I was lucky to meet with Pauly. He is a hell of a nice person and my wife Kerstin and I enjoyed having dinner with Pauly much. Unfortunately the time was just not right to go out prospecting together. Next time we will!

Lots of AU2U

Horst

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Terry,

we just returned from a trip to Vancouver Island and BC. I tried to metal detect Mission creek in Kelowna, BC. Way too many hot-rocks. My SDC2300 could not handle them. As you have much experience with MDs I would like to hear your opinion on the Gold Monster 1000 vs Whites 24K vs Whites GMT. I have the GMT but it also struggels with the hot-rocks I brought from Canada and I find it "not so easy" to set up and run. I am thinking about replacing it with a GM 1000 or Whites 24K. I need a machine to find sub grain not gram pieces of gold. In italy I found nice flakes using a sluice box and am sure it would be a good place to metal detect as well.
Your kind support is highly appreciated

AU2U
Horst

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Terry,

we just returned from a trip to Vancouver Island and BC. I tried to metal detect Mission creek in Kelowna, BC. Way too many hot-rocks. My SDC2300 could not handle them. As you have much experience with MDs I would like to hear your opinion on the Gold Monster 1000 vs Whites 24K vs Whites GMT. I have the GMT but it also struggels with the hot-rocks I brought from Canada and I find it "not so easy" to set up and run. I am thinking about replacing it with a GM 1000 or Whites 24K. I need a machine to find sub grain not gram pieces of gold. In italy I found nice flakes using a sluice box and am sure it would be a good place to metal detect as well.
Your kind support is highly appreciated

AU2U
Horst

i know that slate is near impossible to detect, even with the sdc. if its too hot for the sdc, there is no solution to the problem. i know if you go super slow. and i mean 2" a second slow, you can possibly hear some signals over the groaning. but i would only put that kind of effort in a place i know has nuggets. its a tough go. even the slate will have areas that are less mineralized and you can get a few minutes of relief. to make it short. if the sdc cant overcome the hot rocks, nothing can

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
the sdc will find sub grain gold. smallest i have found is .7 grains. it loves 2-5 grain pieces. put it on the highest setting it will run smoothly. 3 works great for me most of the time. the ground balancing processor is second to none. if there just isnt many nuggets over a grain then the sdc isnt the best weapon

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll come back to North California in September already booked the ticket 04th Sep - 14th Sep 2019. I really hope to find some Gold with my MD this time. I will most likely bring my SDC2300 only as I will be very limited on baggage. All your help and good advice is highly appreciated. I'm looking very much forward meeting my friends Rick and Joe again! Maybe we can stay at Roaring Camp for a weekend?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your In Luck!.Why Spend $300.00 A Day...When You Can Have The Vacation Of A Lifetime!

Dear fellow propectors,

I have a week I can come to the US 09th- 17th March. I armed myself with a Minelab SDC2300 and am looking for help on where to go. I thought AZ or NV could be good due to the time of the year. I am not the type of person posting on any sort of social media. So secrets will be kept secret. If anybody is willing to let me detect on his claim I'd be very happy.
Having just on week incl. the flying from gemany is not much time. So I do need your kind help on where to go. Any arrangements regarding how much to keep or share will be strictly followed.

Tons of AU 2 U

Horst

A Great Secret, In Alberta and British Columbia, Canada...The Glaciers Are Melting!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/qui...7977/canada-s-disappearing-glaciers-1.3028394

With Global Warming, these Glaciers which many were the sources of "The Great Gold Rushes" of Central British Columbia, are Receding!

Why pay $300.00 dollars a day, when you can book yourself into a swanky room in Banff, Lake Louies, or Revelstoke and Metal Detect at the bottom of these "Virgin" Glaciers!

Banff Glaciers.jpg Lake Louise Glacier.jpg Revelstoke Glaciers.jpg

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Great Secret, In Alberta and British Columbia, Canada...The Glaciers Are Melting!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/qui...7977/canada-s-disappearing-glaciers-1.3028394

With Global Warming, these Glaciers which many were the sources of "The Great Gold Rushes" of Central British Columbia, are Receding!

Why pay $300.00 dollars a day, when you can book yourself into a swanky room in Banff, Lake Louies, or Revelstoke and Metal Detect at the bottom of these "Virgin" Glaciers!

View attachment 1677000 View attachment 1677001 View attachment 1677002

Well, the glaciers are receding, but you won't want to mess with chasing the gold in a National Park (Banff [Lake Louise]), bad form for sure and sure to invite a hasty visit from the authorities with an invitation to leave post haste, but the Revelstoke area might be the ticket as you can actually prospect there on open ground or on a claim with permission.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread