Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a ton of choices out there, in Oregon is that a salt water beach?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Equinox 800

If this detector performs as advertised, it may well be what you're looking for. It really does appear to be a machine for multiple environments and is fully waterproof, and it does include a beach mode dedicated to that specific environment, with the benefits of discrimination for trashy parks, and one for nugget hunting as well. I'm waiting for reports from users when it's hit the mainstream market long enough to see how well it does in the different environments.

All the best with your choices, but if you're looking for something used, you may be able to find an older machine that will still meet your needs. I'm not much of a beach hunter, but those wet salts from what others have written will be the issue you'll need to be sure the detector you choose can handle.

All the best,

Lanny

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With new stuff on the market like the 800 and the Kruzer, wait 4 weeks for more reviews.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd look at that new Equinox 800 from Minelab. Looks like a pretty good advancement in digital technology to me. I myself would not waste my time with either GB2 or AT Gold for the beach. Not many units out there that are truly worthy multi purpose machines. The new Minelab tech might just bridge a huge gap in that respect. As it is just newly released, only a little time will tell what early owners have to say about the Equinox 800. Dennis

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered a Fisher Gold Bug 2 on Tuesday.....still hasn't shipped, called KellyCo to ask why. Apparently Fisher is moving factories or something so all their detectors are on back order. Kellyco's been cool about it and is sending a deal to ask Fisher to ship straight from the factory

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Equinox 800 seems to be shaking things up - read some of Jonathan Porters reports on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread