a little rusty

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
got out early...came equipped with a nf 19 evo strapped to a 4500... had my 9 on my hip, just in case. looks much the same as the last time i was there. i had fantasies of finding the perfect settings that would bring more targets out of ground ive hammered with everything i could think of....after finding the best settings i could assemble, i started clearing areas in the immediate area i have found other gold. after a couple hours i had a signal. first one of the day. it was pretty strong so i didnt get too excited. just under the stacked rocks i had cleared was this little guy. the only signal of the day. with the sun beating down with fury by late morning, i made the steep hike back to the car. i road hunted the way out, paying very close attention to every detail of the landscape, trying to find a clue to the next potential bonanza. weight was 18 grains 20180701_112148.jpg

Upvote 0

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like old placer stacks, dont forget about those gold coins lurkin those old camps.
Nice nugg.
Gt......

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread