Gold Monster

Jj1330

Jan 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am considering adding a Gold Monster 1000 to my arsenal of detectors and was wondering if it would have any beach hunting application or all metal type relic hunting application? I know this is the gold detecting forum but figured you guys would have more experience with the GM 1000 than any of the other sub forums and have a better handle on its capabilities. I will be buying the GM as a gold detector primarily, but some versatility would help justify it. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You might want to look into the equinox 800. I love my gm 1000 but the equinox can do the beach hunting you want and detect some pretty small gold.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to look into the equinox 800. I love my gm 1000 but the equinox can do the beach hunting you want and detect some pretty small gold.

Ditto. Unless you want a DEDICATED nuggetshooter, get the 800:skullflag:

OP
OP
J

Jj1330

Jan 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. I Have a ex II and a etrac, so was considering a dedicated gold detector. My only reservation, living on the east coast, is if I would use it enough to justify the purchase. I really like what I've read about the GM 1000 and it looks like Minelab has made a major improvement in the capability of VLF gold detectors. Thanks again for the input, I'll probably buy it.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the advice. I Have a ex II and a etrac, so was considering a dedicated gold detector. My only reservation, living on the east coast, is if I would use it enough to justify the purchase. I really like what I've read about the GM 1000 and it looks like Minelab has made a major improvement in the capability of VLF gold detectors. Thanks again for the input, I'll probably buy it.

For gold hunting, the Gold Monster as others have said, so if you already have your beach machines, good luck as you chase the gold.

All the best,

Lanny

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a You Tube video from a guy in Australia on the XP ORX. The guy says in the gold fields it will beat some other machines you mentioned.

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the Nox 800 in shallow water for 17 days in Aruba over Christmas. I got a gold chain that I doubt would have been found by most other water detectors. It also is good at avoiding iron. If you want to save some coin, look at the 600 instead. I have not used the Gold Monster, so don't have an opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread